When the wife's away kithen tables are mine

Started by Danny, May 08, 2015, 03:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I could almost swear that's my place, down to the exact same style stool and chair!  My wife tolerated me using her table for one gear project after another until I finally built myself a work area.  I wasn't considerate like you, doing it when she's away.  Bravo to you for that. I pretty much took it over for 3 years.  I'll show her this thread an she'll think they're pics I took a couple years back.
 I see you're regluing the bridge or are you tackling some other things well?  
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

The bridge was warped and I'm making a caul to reshape it. That's the easy  part, all the cracks in the top, the bad tuners, nut, saddle, braces needing glue, frets worn, fret board worn, binding worn etc.

It's a good thing that I was the one to buy this lil Larrivee.

This is one of two areas in the garage. But no A/C out here, so inside is nicer on hot, humid days.

This is the caul and the bridge clamped in place with tension on it, to hopefully give it the shape desired. If not, I'll steam it as well.

Thanks for the pics.  I love to see the work areas, tools, innovations, and such, of fellow guitar tinkerers.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: dependan on May 08, 2015, 04:20:13 PM

It's a good thing that I was the one to buy this lil Larrivee.
Yup, knew you would show it some luv!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: dependan on May 08, 2015, 04:26:57 PM

This is one of two areas in the garage. But no A/C out here, so inside is nicer on hot, humid days.
If you decide to a/c the garage, I can recommend a good HVAC guy down your way.   :thumb

Quote from: Queequeg on May 09, 2015, 10:58:14 AM
If you decide to a/c the garage, I can recommend a good HVAC guy down your way.   :thumb
Yeah and I hear that guy can bring a guitar back to life as well  :winkin:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Yup,  he even has the A/C equipment in Stock and the garage is totally insulated, even the garage door is an insulated type.
     The fellow we bought the house from did all that, plus he ran a circuit for the A/C. I'll do it eventually, but for now the wife and grandkids keep storing more stuff in any area I have freed up. Including baby car seats, strollers and of course a crotch rocket parking lot performer motorcycle.
      I may be better off remodeling the large storage building out back :wacko: