Finally!!!! NGD Larrivee L-03

Started by Treenewt, May 07, 2015, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just realized the word that I would use to describe my Larrivee, if only one could do:

Smooth

in the fullest, coolest sense of the word, this guitar is smooth!!!
Treenewt

Only one problem with my L-03...

It's making me want to add another Larrivee!!!

Help me!!! :nanadance
Treenewt

So I was playing a little this am before work, and I looked down and saw this:

I love this guitar!
Treenewt

The wanting never goes away, and you will find excuses to fill the need along the way.  I know this does not help, but look down at it again, and Smile!

:nice guitar:
George

Quote from: georbro3 on May 12, 2015, 09:31:11 AM
The wanting never goes away, and you will find excuses to fill the need along the way.  I know this does not help, but look down at it again, and Smile!

:nice guitar:

George...George....George...(shaking my head in wonderment).
You should never use a word like excuse when responding to a post of this type. Rule #1 of forum membership and posting is enabling. We are enablers. Instead of excuse you should have phrased your response around the word need or must have or your life won't be complete until/unless you get another guitar.
We'll let it slide this time just try to be more cognizant of this in future post.
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: rosborn on May 12, 2015, 10:30:55 AM
George...George....George...(shaking my head in wonderment).
You should never use a word like excuse when responding to a post of this type. Rule #1 of forum membership and posting is enabling. We are enablers. Instead of excuse you should have phrased your response around the word need or must have or your life won't be complete until/unless you get another guitar.
We'll let it slide this time just try to be more cognizant of this in future post.
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is CLASSIC!!!!
Treenewt

So tonight at church, before we rehearsed, I brought out the L to show a couple of my friends who play guitar in our praise team. Both were very impressed. They'd never had a chance to play any Larrivees before, and we shocked at the tone, the build quality, and the overall value of my L. One even offered to buy it!  Not happening! 

It was cool to get their takes. Both of them are very good guitarists who own very nice Taylor's, and they were seriously impressed with the L. Not that I needed their  approval, but rather I'm enjoying getting to introduce the brand to folks who haven't seen or heard them before. It's a good thing!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on May 13, 2015, 09:02:26 PM
So tonight at church, before we rehearsed, I brought out the L to show a couple of my friends who play guitar in our praise team. Both were very impressed. They'd never had a chance to play any Larrivees before, and we shocked at the tone, the build quality, and the overall value of my L. One even offered to buy it!  Not happening! 

It was cool to get their takes. Both of them are very good guitarists who own very nice Taylor's, and they were seriously impressed with the L. Not that I needed their  approval, but rather I'm enjoying getting to introduce the brand to folks who haven't seen or heard them before. It's a good thing!

How come this is not in the least surprising? Glad you're part of the family now. Keep enjoying that  :nice guitar:
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

Sorry Rob!  I promise I will try not to do it again!  I will use the word "Justify" instead, just trying to enable... George
George

Really beautiful set of wood on the back.

Quote from: Walkerman on May 14, 2015, 09:15:21 AM
Really beautiful set of wood on the back.

Thanks Walkerman!  I was pretty stunned by the wood!  Seems to be a common refrain among us first-time Larrivee owners! 
Treenewt

So...I'm about to pack up my Larrivee and head to my luthier to drop it off for a K&K install.  And I'm bummed...

I AM GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR WHILE IT'S GONE!!!

But I keep telling myself "it's gonna be worth it...it's gonna be worth it!"  And it will be, but still...

I'M GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR!

Considering a bone nut and saddle...but will probably wait a bit.  And quite honestly, I have a hard time believing she could sound any better than she does now!

Did i mention that I'M GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR WHILE IT'S IN THE SHOP???
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on May 14, 2015, 12:29:16 PM
So...I'm about to pack up my Larrivee and head to my luthier to drop it off for a K&K install.  And I'm bummed...

I AM GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR WHILE IT'S GONE!!!

But I keep telling myself "it's gonna be worth it...it's gonna be worth it!"  And it will be, but still...

I'M GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR!

Considering a bone nut and saddle...but will probably wait a bit.  And quite honestly, I have a hard time believing she could sound any better than she does now!

Did i mention that I'M GONNA MISS THIS GUITAR WHILE IT'S IN THE SHOP???

Yeah, there's no hurry to install bone nut and saddle.   Probably wouldn't be able to notice any improvement at this point.   Wait awhile and enjoy it as it is.

Quote from: tuffythepug on May 14, 2015, 01:32:12 PM

Yeah, there's no hurry to install bone nut and saddle.   Probably wouldn't be able to notice any improvement at this point.   Wait awhile and enjoy it as it is.

Well whadda ya know...the nut and saddle are bone already! Woot!  I swear I thought it was TUSQ!!
Treenewt

Newt, I thought you knew that when you bought it?  See, Now is when you need the backup Larrivee already, so you don't miss this one while it is being upgraded.  Your Martin is not going to be the same... George

:humour:
George

Quote from: georbro3 on May 14, 2015, 02:18:00 PM
Newt, I thought you knew that when you bought it?  See, Now is when you need the backup Larrivee already, so you don't miss this one while it is being upgraded.  Your Martin is not going to be the same... George

:humour:

I love it!  Can you talk to my wife for me?!!!  ;-)

The luthier was super impressed with this Larrivee too (he owns an older LV-03). He was very impressed with the quality, workmanship and the setup (thanks Jason!!!!).

I thought:  yeah, me too!!!!

So now another wait begins...
Treenewt

Glad to help Newt.  Let me see if I can remember how all this started...  You accidentally made a wrong turn and visited an obscure acoustic only music store that was tucked away in the corner of a shopping center while you were returning home from a trip, maybe somewhere in South Carolina?  Anyway, you were hugely impressed with an L-03 there, and we just encouraged you to get it, but your wife had other plans for a kitchen remodel?  Seems to me like you are doing quite well by yourself Sir! First Larrivee Win Good!  We will continue to justify and enable you all we can, but angry wife beatings are not where any need to go (LOL!)  Maybe it is time to continue the positive path you are on and work on the kitchen while you wait for your prized Larrivee upgrade?  Please don't shoot the messenger, we only intend to help you out as much as we can!  George   P. S.  Remind her of how happy you have been since you received your first L... and she was excited too, she did text you when it arrived...

:guitar :nana_guitar :cheers :bowdown:
George

Quote from: georbro3 on May 14, 2015, 06:14:23 PM
Glad to help Newt.  Let me see if I can remember how all this started...  You accidentally made a wrong turn and visited an obscure acoustic only music store that was tucked away in the corner of a shopping center while you were returning home from a trip, maybe somewhere in South Carolina?  Anyway, you were hugely impressed with an L-03 there, and we just encouraged you to get it, but your wife had other plans for a kitchen remodel?  Seems to me like you are doing quite well by yourself Sir! First Larrivee Win Good!  We will continue to justify and enable you all we can, but angry wife beatings are not where any need to go (LOL!)  Maybe it is time to continue the positive path you are on and work on the kitchen while you wait for your prized Larrivee upgrade?  Please don't shoot the messenger, we only intend to help you out as much as we can!  George   P. S.  Remind her of how happy you have been since you received your first L... and she was excited too, she did text you when it arrived...

:guitar :nana_guitar :cheers :bowdown:

Yeah!  What he said!  We're not responsible for your wife beating the tar out of you!

Y'all are awesome!!! 
Treenewt

Just got a call from my luthier that my L will be ready to go this afternoon.  WOOT!!!!

I'm planning to use it Sunday at church for the first time.  Can not WAIT to hear how it sounds plugged in, and how it sits in the mix at our church.  Very stoked about this!  Will report back after the weekend!
Treenewt