The O Project

Started by Danny, May 02, 2015, 03:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Both of them looking great....  nice job.... :thumb

Quote from: bobw on December 31, 2015, 05:09:42 PM
Both of them looking great....  nice job.... :thumb
Thanks, they are turning out about as good as can be expected.  The O project has exceeded my original goals.

Danny, you are one skilled man.  Very impressive.  And so creative with solutions to some of the obstacles you've come across.

Quote from: ryler on January 31, 2016, 01:10:04 PM
Danny, you are one skilled man.  Very impressive.  And so creative with solutions to some of the obstacles you've come across.
Thank you, but my ideas have roots in books and information found online. I do make my own tools and have learned a lot repairing guitars.
     It's funny that you posted on this thread, because I was looking at it myself just a little while ago.

I overlooked something major when I put the pyramid bridge on and it has showed up after a month or so.
     I forgot to match the bottom of the bridge with the arch of the top. So this pyramid bridge, being larger in mass effected the top by flattening it out. So now I'll remove the bridge and radius the bottom, then glue it up again.
    I ordered a clear pick guard for it today as well.

After much consideration I  chose to just string this little guitar up and play it. I'm just so impressed with the tone and volume it has, even with all the abuse it has had before it came to me.
      I have a clear Larrivee pick guard to put on it. But it is  cut wrong, even though it is for a parlor. I will just try to cut it to fit the best I can.

No problem though, I am very happy with the way this guitar has turned out.

I just read through this entire thread.

What an incredible job you've done with this guitar.

It looks great and I bet it sounds great too.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: markj on February 12, 2016, 04:31:51 PM
I just read through this entire thread.

What an incredible job you've done with this guitar.

It looks great and I bet it sounds great too.
Thanks, glad you liked the thread. I've had a handful of Larrivee parlors, but what's amazing to me is this one sounds best of all of them. I guess repaired cracks really don't depriciate  the sound.

I was asked where to find this thread by a member, so I brought it up.

Dan, you have to cap this thread off with a really well-composed picture of the guitar so we can make it guitar of the month.  Finished product, lit well surrounded by tools in that artful tableau way.  No pressure.

Quote from: ryler on March 09, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
Dan, you have to cap this thread off with a really well-composed picture of the guitar so we can make it guitar of the month.  Finished product, lit well surrounded by tools in that artful tableau way.  No pressure.
Well that probably won't help, since it was GOTM once already. But it was a nice thought.

I was just enjoying my lil Larrivee. Yesterday I took it to a neighbor's birthday party and it got a lot of attention. Here's a recent picture, a few items are still needing a little work.

Oh man Danny, I am still awed by how far you have brought this guitar along from where it started...  Beautiful and the lime green pick is a nice offset.  I did not know you were a flatpicker...
George

Quote from: dependan on March 27, 2016, 10:44:57 PM

I was just enjoying my lil Larrivee. Yesterday I took it to a neighbor's birthday party and it got a lot of attention. Here's a recent picture, a few items are still needing a little work.

:nice guitar:     :+1:     Great job, Danny....   she's a knock-out    BobW.... :guitar

Quote from: georbro3 on March 28, 2016, 01:40:14 PM
Oh man Danny, I am still awed by how far you have brought this guitar along from where it started...  Beautiful and the lime green pick is a nice offset.  I did not know you were a flatpicker...
Thanks, not a flat picker, just a strummer with a pick.

Quote from: bobw on March 28, 2016, 02:39:08 PM

:nice guitar:     :+1:     Great job, Danny....   she's a knock-out    BobW.... :guitar
Thanks Bob, it was a lot of time and effort but the results exceeded my expectations.

Love that picture, Dan.  And the O project guitar has won a fan club of its own.  I think we all feel like godparents to this guitar!  Again, beautiful picture--too bad it can't be GOTM again.

Quote from: ryler on April 05, 2016, 07:05:18 PM
Love that picture, Dan.  And the O project guitar has won a fan club of its own.  I think we all feel like godparents to this guitar!  Again, beautiful picture--too bad it can't be GOTM again.
Thanks, I like that picture as well. The picture that won GOTM was not as good and actually there was a lot more to do on the O project at that time.
    I  have been playing the "O" and working on the lyrics to one of my songs. I'm surprised at the progress.
    This little guitar doesn't have the feel of a 17 year old beat up scrapper anymore. It looks and feels rather fresh and clean, like my newer guitars. That's a bit strange to me, since I know all the damage it had. But it truly feels like a worthy little Larrivee, that's fun to play.

:+1:
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)