Bebo Norman

Started by Caleb, February 10, 2005, 02:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any fans of Bebo here? I just love his music and cannot stop playing his new cd, "try". he has one of the most amazing singing voices out there IMO. I got a chance to see him play not long ago and he was really amazing....he played a Larrivee too (some form of L model).  

Yea, I like Bebo a lot.  I saw him several years ago, when Cademons Call was introducing him.

I haven't listened to his newest CD.  I need to pick it up.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

I'm a big Bebo fan. His simplicity is profound.

I love bebo, got kinda tired of him with his myself when I am real cd ,cause he kept harpping about wanting to be married.  No he is and came back with "try", it freakin rocks.
If you don't got it get it.
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

QuoteI haven't listened to his newest CD.  I need to pick it up.
the newer cd "try" is simply amazing. I cannot stop listening to it! the acoustic sounds he's getting are out of this world. I would say that this cd is a must for someone who loves great acoustic driven music. you can tell that on some of the songs he's tuned waaay down to get that acoustic to growl like that. he also does some crazy tunings....I think. an overall phenominal cd.

I too am a huge Bebo fan...
Mike <><

Saw Bebo back in October with Jason Morant. Incredible concert. The new album "Try" is definately one of my favorites. If you haven't heard Jason Morant..his new album is awesome.

Chris
Martin J-40
Takamine jumbo
Martin LXM

Another Bebo fan. He really shines live. Very good at connecting with the audience.
Matt

Bourgeois Vintage OM

Better than any guitar... my two little daughters & my lovely wife

Yeah have you heard his finger nail story.  He's got fake finger nails! :lol:  
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

AHH!!! ARE YOU JOKING?!?! BEBO IS FLAT OUT INCREDIBLE!!

ok, i'll calm down now...

but i saw him just this past saturday at moody bible institute's founder's week... he put on a pretty intimate show with just him and his right hand man, gabe.  and it's true, he does use a larrivee, an older L-09 i believe.. but regardless as to which guitar he plays, he was amazing... he was just as good, if not better, live as he is on cd's, and that kinda consistency is rare these days.. and he's quite an entertaining guy; he didnt remember how to play many of his songs, and kept having to ask gabe where the capo goes and how to start it off etc, very effective in killing the awkward in between songs silences.

overall, an awesome and inspiring person/musician... although my fav has to be shane barnard of shane n shane(any shane n shane fans out there??), he's up there right along side them....

-dp
2004 Custom L-09 (Emma) w/:
-1-11/16th nut width
-Blank fretboard (no inlays, no microdots)
-Gloss finished headstock veneer
-B-band A2.2

"The smile of God is the goal of your life."

<ixoye><

I saw Bebo a few years ago and got to talk to him some afterwards.  Extremely nice guy, and a great show.  He switched between a L-09 and an Everett Milano that night.  I think he's still playing the same guitars now.

Zach

QuoteSaw Bebo back in October with Jason Morant. Incredible concert. The new album "Try" is definately one of my favorites. If you haven't heard Jason Morant..his new album is awesome.

Chris
jason and beth dillon opened up for him when I saw him. great show.  jason was incredible....just him and a guy on the organ. beth dillon had some great chops and a great voice, but I didn't really connect with her tunes all that much.  I think she will get much better with time though.