L-02 vs L-03

Started by Treenewt, April 27, 2015, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob, you should love yours too when it comes in.  Please share it with us as well.  George
George

Quote from: georbro3 on April 30, 2015, 08:51:21 AM
Rob, you should love yours too when it comes in.  Please share it with us as well.  George

Thank you for the positive post! I will be sure to share when I receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: rosborn on April 30, 2015, 09:14:25 AM
Thank you for the positive post! I will be sure to share when I receive it.

Rob, I must have missed it!  What are you getting?  Congrats for sure!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on April 30, 2015, 09:45:04 AM
Rob, I must have missed it!  What are you getting?  Congrats for sure!

Eh, you missed a lot of nothing really.
I purchased a L-03R almost two months ago. When I received it I noticed that the top was really rough (not in keeping with a smooth satin finished guitar) and the fretboard had a long crack in it. I sent it back to Larrivee to have them evaluate it and their conclusion was to replace the guitar with a new one. So, that's the Reader's Digest version. Now I'm just waiting for my new guitar to be sent.
Outstanding customer service by Larrivee!

Quote from: rosborn on April 30, 2015, 10:05:43 AM
Eh, you missed a lot of nothing really.
I purchased a L-03R almost two months ago. When I received it I noticed that the top was really rough (not in keeping with a smooth satin finished guitar) and the fretboard had a long crack in it. I sent it back to Larrivee to have them evaluate it and their conclusion was to replace the guitar with a new one. So, that's the Reader's Digest version. Now I'm just waiting for my new guitar to be sent.
Outstanding customer service by Larrivee!

Good to hear about how they took care of you!  That's awesome!  Here's to hoping your new one gets here soon and is everything you'd hoped!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on April 30, 2015, 02:53:12 PM
Good to hear about how they took care of you!  That's awesome!  Here's to hoping your new one gets here soon and is everything you'd hoped!

I really didn't want to be the reason your thread was hijacked but thank you.  I am very excited to finally get this guitar in hand and start playing it.  This is a brand new guitar in that Larrivee just finished making it a week and a half ago. By the way, it looks like it will be here next Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Treenewt, I apologize for hijacking your thread on Rob's behalf.  All I was thinking was how thrilled you both are going to be with your new L-03's!  Forgive me please,  both you guys...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on April 30, 2015, 06:17:31 PM
Treenewt, I apologize for hijacking your thread on Rob's behalf.  All I was thinking was how thrilled you both are going to be with your new L-03's!  Forgive me please,  both you guys...

No worries at all! I'm just glad to be here and stoked to finally be getting a Larrivee!! No need to apologize!
Treenewt

Quote from: georbro3 on April 30, 2015, 06:17:31 PM

No worries.  There is often enough consternation in this forum without building this mole hill into a mountain.  Funny thing though..just another twist in my saga...I got notification from Larrivee today that my guitar had been shipped FEDEX.  Awesome!  The shipper had the right address but the wrong zip code.  DOH!  I should have known, the way this entire experience has gone, that it was going to be difficult right up to the very end.

Mines coming FedEx as well! Here's to hoping there's no issues! It's due here on Wed!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on April 30, 2015, 09:48:07 PM
Mines coming FedEx as well! Here's to hoping there's no issues! It's due here on Wed!

Here's hoping that FEDEX takes care of you and your new baby and that she arrives not only on time but in excellent condition!  Congratulations!  I have no doubt that you will love your L-03.  I have to say this...the L-03 guitars are beautiful in their simplicity and balanced sound.  Though my L-03R had flaws it still sounded wonderful and was just comfortable to play.  Honestly, it was the perfect complement to my Martin D-18.  I am very eager to have the opportunity to play it again.

Quote from: rosborn on May 01, 2015, 07:43:10 AM
Here's hoping that FEDEX takes care of you and your new baby and that she arrives not only on time but in excellent condition!  Congratulations!  I have no doubt that you will love your L-03.  I have to say this...the L-03 guitars are beautiful in their simplicity and balanced sound.  Though my L-03R had flaws it still sounded wonderful and was just comfortable to play.  Honestly, it was the perfect complement to my Martin D-18.  I am very eager to have the opportunity to play it again.

Rosborn, thanks for that!  I didn't know you had a D18 as well!  I think the L-03 will be just what you said, the perfect compliment to it! Hoping your's arrives in A+++ condition, and you can put this behind you! 
Treenewt

Sometimes, the availability of information is just too much to handle. My L-03 is in a state I've never visited, North Dakota...where it will probably abide for the entire weekend before resuming its cross-country trek East.

It's like watching paint dry to wait for a guitar...except the end result is so much better!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on May 02, 2015, 08:26:27 AM

It's like watching paint dry to wait for a guitar...except the end result is so much better!

This is SO true! I once had a guitar get stuck in customs in Chicago (during a snowstorm in late January). It was shipped from Japan...it's almost unbearable when you know it's so close you could drive to pick it up, but they wouldn't/couldn't give it to you!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Treenewt on May 02, 2015, 08:26:27 AM
Sometimes, the availability of information is just too much to handle. My L-03 is in a state I've never visited, North Dakota...where it will probably abide for the entire weekend before resuming its cross-country trek East.

I know.  My wife and I were reminiscing this evening, with our 23 year old son, on how blissfully ignorant we were back in "the day".  We had no idea when to expect a package, and sometimes didn't even know if our package would arrive.  Remember the Heinz commercial and anticipation?  Well, we have that in hyper drive today because, just like being able to watch the Heinz slowly make its way to the opening of the bottle, we are watching our guitars slowly make their way across the country.  Your's is in North Dakota and mine is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  Would it be better if we couldn't track our packages?

Quote from: rosborn on May 03, 2015, 09:23:29 PM
I know.  My wife and I were reminiscing this evening, with our 23 year old son, on how blissfully ignorant we were back in "the day".  We had no idea when to expect a package, and sometimes didn't even know if our package would arrive.  Remember the Heinz commercial and anticipation?  Well, we have that in hyper drive today because, just like being able to watch the Heinz slowly make its way to the opening of the bottle, we are watching our guitars slowly make their way across the country.  Your's is in North Dakota and mine is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  Would it be better if we couldn't track our packages?
I'm not quite 40 but I still remember shopping in catalogs, sending in the order form (filled out by hand) with a check, and 3 months later receiving something that somewhat resembled what I thought I was ordering.  I would even order from Japan and the UK and my friends were mind blown because if they couldn't find something locally, they considered it unobtanium.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Wow...catalogs! I rememeber those!  :-)

I used to wait with baited breath for the Sears and JC penny catalogs so I could plan out my Christmas toy list every year! I can remember my mom ordering clothes for us through those catalogs, and then taking them up or hemming them when they inevitably came and didn't fit.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. This has been a long few days, and I have a feeling now 'till Wed will be even longer!
Treenewt

Simple fact. Larrivée can't seem to make a cheaper guitar that sounds ... cheap.  :thumb

It's out for delivery!!!!!!!!
Treenewt

AWESOME!