Half of My Mistakes - Radney Foster

Started by fitness1, April 01, 2015, 07:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ran across this tune on a compilation CD a friend sent me a good while back.    Thought it was pretty cool so I did an impromptu, late night recording last night.

https://app.box.com/s/64hb3zh9v7rmigzn7jnqo04c6zwc82mp
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Nicely done!  I thought your delivery was well-timed and comfortable -- meaning that it didn't seem rushed or nervous.
Larrivee 00-40R

Quote from: WileE on April 01, 2015, 12:52:50 PM
Nicely done!  I thought your delivery was well-timed and comfortable -- meaning that it didn't seem rushed or nervous.

Thanks WileE - probably a result of being dead tired when I recorded it! :winkin:

Maybe I should do that more often.
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

I think you sound great.  The guitar sounds great and the vocals sound great.  Really quite good.  :cheers  One comment from an effects perspective.  The vocals have a lot of reverb on them, almost to the point of echoing, which sounds strange to my ear at times compared to the lack of similar reverb on the guitar.  I'm not saying it sounds bad, just a noticeable juxtaposition to me. 

Again, nice work.  What type of recording gear did you use?  I'd like to play around with recording more when I get time (which I think is a decade or two off  :winkin:)
L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers

Thanks Scrambler -

I have a very simple setup - two Blue Encore 300 mics direct into a Tascam DP-01FX.   I did notice the reverb was a little hot on the vocals this time.   I just started using the 300 and haven't quite adjusted everything yet.

Thanks for the kind words

Todd
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

Very nice, Todd.

I'll second the opinion about reducing the reverb. A little goes a long way!

With that said, I enjoyed the tune and your performance.

Rob
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)