New guitar survey?

Started by headsup, March 22, 2015, 06:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

where do we order a semi electric arch top, sorta like I described in the "dream guitar" in the other forum?

some one can make up one of those
"for my next Larrivee I want" poll things.

with 4 choices, and we vote, then John or Matt sees our interest and they run off and make the guitar.

that's the way it happens right?
:humour:
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

One of the choices should be a twelve fret short scale L, with traditional bracing, right? Uh...please?   :nana_guitar
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: Queequeg on March 22, 2015, 07:50:59 PM
Semi electric?
Maybe a Canadian thing but yeah we frequently call a Semi-Hollow body a Semi electric up here
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Are we talking ES175 type or ES335 type?

OOP'S! I have to stop reading the forum from the bottom up. :blush:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 22, 2015, 08:45:25 PM
Maybe a Canadian thing but yeah we frequently call a Semi-Hollow body a Semi electric up here
Thanks. Yeah, I don't know that term.
Semi-hollow I know.

I posted a while back in another thread that I dreamed I toured the Larrivee factory, and Jean and Matthew showed me a prototype of a semi/335 style guitar (with a wild figured walnut body).

The closest thing to a Larrivee semi-hollow right now is the Frank Falbo electric guitar, which is (or at least was until recently) made in the Larrivee Oxnard plant.

http://www.falboguitars.com/

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I've always used the term Semi-Acoustic and although I don't take Wikipedia as the be-all-end-all authority, the description below lines up with the way I use the term "Semi" as in short for Semi-Acoustic.

QuoteOriginally posted by wikipedia :
A semi-acoustic guitar or hollow-body electric is a type of electric guitar that originates from the 1930s. It has both a sound box and one or more electric pickups. This is not the same as an acoustic-electric guitar, which is an acoustic guitar with the addition of pickups or other means of amplification, added by either the manufacturer or the player.

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 22, 2015, 08:45:25 PM

Semi-electric? Must be an east coast thing. I've never heard it used. As for semi-hollow? Even ES-335s, most players I know, refer to them as hollow body electric guitars.

:+1:
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

:guitar
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

:donut :donut :donut :donut

Why not a Larrivee Jazz style archtop hollowbody electric with a thicker body :nice guitar:?  Combine the acoustic archtop and the electric with a Larrivee Gen3 P90...  I would buy one of these in a great wood...
George

Maybe like a Heritage Sweet 16, or even better a Golden Eagle?  Spruce top, flamed maple back and sides...   :thumbsup  :donut2 :donut2 :donut2
George

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 26, 2015, 08:10:16 AM
Semi-electric? Must be an east coast thing. I've never heard it used. As for semi-hollow? Even ES-335s, most players I know, refer to them as hollow body electric guitars.
Yeah maybe it is east coast. Just Semi, is also common and yes a lot will refer to a 335 as a hollow body as well but us guitar geeks we know the difference  :wink:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I suspect that until the economy changes, and/or Larrivee gets completely up to speed with moving all production to Oxnard, the chances of seeing another model - especially a different electric model - are slim.

There's been so little talk around here of the new models that were introduced at NAMM in January - the new, *traditional* Strat-style and the Tele-style with two humbuckers (like the Seymour Duncan model they made a few years ago - which looks amazing - would love one of these current editions!); I wonder if Larrivee is selling any of these at all?

Anyone bought one of these?

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

Did not know they were available.  I did not see any NAMM clips about them either.  Can you point us to a link?
George

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 23, 2015, 02:20:20 PM
Yeah maybe it is east coast. Just Semi, is also common and yes a lot will refer to a 335 as a hollow body as well but us guitar geeks we know the difference  :wink:
Right. The 335 is chambered for a warmer sound than solid bodies, and a block running through the center for improved sustain.
Personally, I prefer the hollow bodies for greater depth, and feedback is generally not an issue for me.

Quote from: georbro3 on April 27, 2015, 11:26:47 AM

Did not know they were available.  I did not see any NAMM clips about them either.  Can you point us to a link?

Here are a couple pics...

...in the bottom pic, check out the "Bakersfield" in the back with two humbuckers...and a TOM BRIDGE AND STOP TAIL PIECE!!! I LIKE!

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 28, 2015, 07:43:47 PM
Here are a couple pics...

...in the bottom pic, check out the "Bakersfield" in the back with two humbuckers...and a TOM BRIDGE AND STOP TAIL PIECE!!! I LIKE!

Like that! If I ever go to electrics, it'll be a Bakersfield with 1 3/4" nut.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Oh yeah, I like that too!  :thumb  Nothing like that on the website,,, yet.  Any idea how you designate that on an order?  I wonder if the dealers have it on a list? 
George