Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guitar survey?  (Read 6682 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »

Oh yeah, I like that too!    Nothing like that on the website,,, yet.  Any idea how you designate that on an order?  I wonder if the dealers have it on a list? 

Yes, talk to the dealer and spec it out.  The dealer will have to talk to the rep, who will talk to Larrivee, so there may be a little back and forth, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to order one of these. Street price will probably be around $1650-1800. And as mentioned above, the Bakersfield comes with a larger neck with 1 3/4" nut (and quartersawn maple).

Larrivee showed these last year, so they must be building at least a few of them (I suspect some are going to Europe - Larrivee is becoming more popular there, and they do a signature model electric for a European player that most of us have never heard of).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »

Larrivee showed these last year, so they must be building at least a few of them (I suspect some are going to Europe - Larrivee is becoming more popular there, and they do a signature model electric for a European player that most of us have never heard of).
One of these 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 09:51:46 PM »

One of these 

Yep, that's the one ... is that YOURS, Andrew?! If so, very cool, and please give specs and a review, with more pics!  bowdown

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »

This must be the signature model electric?  3 pickup strat style with Floyd Rose nut?

George
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »

Are they building this NH4 model again?

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 02:44:47 AM »

This must be the signature model electric?  3 pickup strat style with Floyd Rose nut?

Yes it is. And it has a 24.75" scale length. I don't know if it's ONLY sold in Europe...can you help us our here, Andrew?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »

One of these 

Andrew, inquiring minds still want to know if that's YOUR guitar!? Very sweet looking! Info, please...!!! 

nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »

Andrew, inquiring minds still want to know if that's YOUR guitar!? Very sweet looking! Info, please...!!! 

Yes its mine its model name is referred to as an Autschbach

And to steal from Cybercayon's ( Mike) site:

The Larrivée Autschbach  guitar was the result of a collaboration between Larrivée Guitars and Peter Autschbach.  (http://www.autschbach.de)  Peter Autschbach is a well-known German jazz guitarist and music teacher.    The Autschbach guitar is a “strat” style that comes in four different variations with 11 – 12 guitars being built. 

I as you can see am fortunate to own one in red with swamp ash body and maple neck.  The different pickup combinations including Matthew Larrivée’s handmade off-set hum-bucker gives the guitar many different voices.   The pickups are controlled by a five way switch and a Seymour Duncan triple shot ring. 

The fret board is ebony and the neck is a short scale 24.75" like a Gibson, which is very unusual for a Larrivée made guitar.

The guitars feature a chrome or black Schaller low profile tremolo and locking nut.  Also installed is a Schaller tremolo spring tensioner (Sure Claw) which allows tension adjustments without having to take the back cover plate off. The tuning machines are chrome or black Larrivee/Schallers.  Schaller locking strap locks are also included.

The pickups are in an H-S-H configuration all made by Larrivée.  The neck pickup is a standard hum-bucker.  The middle pickup is a hot single coil in white or black. The bridge pickup is a handmade custom "Offset-Coil Hum-bucker" by Matthew Larrivée.   The pickup is then twisted 13 degrees on the body and mounted with a Seymour Duncan triple shot ring.  The guitar is fitted with a 5 way switch, a single tone control and a high speed volume pot.  Custom wiring rounds off the package.

For those interested in Larrivee Electrics I encourage you to have a look at Mike's site still a work in progress but still very informative as is. Click HERE

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Steveareno

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 12:54:45 AM »

Still diggin' my Bakersfield. Best neck on any t style guitar. Don't change a thing, except the jack plug. Would prefer an Electrosocket, but the stock one is ok. I  have owned about 10 Tele style guitars over the years and the Bakersfield is the best. I'm sure they would sell more, if they promoted them better (ssshhh..maybe better keep this one our secret).

Swang on,

Stevereno
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 03:12:57 AM »

I  have owned about 10 Tele style guitars over the years and the Bakersfield is the best. I'm sure they would sell more, if they promoted them better (ssshhh..maybe better keep this one our secret).

+1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »

falbo made 1 semi-hollow. it took him about a year to make. larrivee had no input at all in his 1 guitar. larrivee helped him with paint. if the day comes that we ever do go ahead a make semi-hollows it will in no way resemble anything falbo made.

Interesting comment, Dan.

I agree, IF (that's a big "IF") Larrivee every did a semi-hollow, they should definitely follow their own vision and philosophy for what they would want that to be.

I'm not holding my breath for something like this from Larrivee - it seems more logical/reasonable/sustainable for them to focus on what they do well; flat top acoustics and maybe some electrics (the models from the '80's and the now deceased 2009-2014 RS-4 were beautiful and brilliant designs).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
dlsteel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 03:46:48 PM »

Interesting comment, Dan.

I agree, IF (that's a big "IF") Larrivee every did a semi-hollow, they should definitely follow their own vision and philosophy for what they would want that to be.

I'm not holding my breath for something like this from Larrivee - it seems more logical/reasonable/sustainable for them to focus on what they do well; flat top acoustics and maybe some electrics (the models from the '80's and the now deceased 2009-2014 RS-4 were beautiful and brilliant designs).
ya, I wood love to see one here. today I bend frames
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: