Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar Round 2 Orders, Please Pin  (Read 13078 times)
guitarcrazy

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2005, 01:39:39 AM »

Hello everyone, I am going to put a post up, and ask Zach to pin it so that we can track the orders as they come in.  I will put the names of the people ordering, along with their choice of top wood.  If you are lefty, I will annotate that also.  Please check it and make sure I haven't made an error.  Thanks to everyone in the first batch, and everyone who is ordering again now.  I am excited to get my guitar!  J

*UPDATE* I spoke with Jean Larrivee jr. today and he decided that it would be best to use the Forum Guitar II on the labels.  Therefore they will be numbered 1 of X, 2 of X, etc.  They will have the II designation on the labels, but everthing else must me the same.  Thanks!

Todd S.   Mahogany Top
Wade C.  Mahogany Top
Ken D.    Mahogany Top
Jason A.      Mahogany Top
Jason B.   Mahogany Top
Joe H.  Mahogany Top
Cesar C.  Mahogany Top
John W.  Mahogany Top
Gino T.   Mahogany Top
Jason B.  Spruce Top

http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 03:57:56 AM »

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 12:01:04 AM »

The only thing I see on that spec sheet for the 03 series that doesn't look correct, is that it states that the 03 series has wood body binding; is it wood?

Thanks...I'm still hoping to order one, or get the lefty that Jason got accidentally (mahogany top - exactly what I want!).

:)  

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 12:41:55 AM »

The recent 03 series have maple binding instead of the older white or black plastic aka ivoroid.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
jcbuggs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 09:06:05 PM »

Ok all, it's Monday, can the official countdown begin??

Larrivee L03-R
Larrivee OM-09 12 Fret
Larrivee D02
Martin HD-28V
Martin D12X1
Fender Blacktop
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 09:18:51 PM »

Ok all, it's Monday, can the official countdown begin??
Agreed,

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..."

Except for this one..

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
UoftheBlues

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 10:55:04 PM »

Start counting, I have been counting. :)  Never been very good at waiting for things.  This is good waiting though.

Wade

guitarcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 12:19:07 AM »

Well, it looks like we are doing 10 for the second batch.  I added another for myself to round out the order.  I called Larrivee and got the order placed, so now we can start the process of eagerly waiting for pictures of our new guitars being made.  Thanks to all who ordered, and to the forum once again for making this possible.  I can't wait!  J

My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 12:46:08 AM »

1 spruce , 1 mahogany.  

1 Blonde, 1 Brunette

Nice....  :)

Thanks again Jason !!!!!

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 01:34:26 AM »

I suppose I can jump in at this point. My forum guitar from batch #1 was damaged in shipment. I returned it to Larrivee for inspection, and Matthew called me to say that they would build a new one to replace it. At the time I didn't want to say anything because everyone was having a good time talking about their new Forum Guitars.

I expect that the combination of building one for me, plus one for Jason, added up to: why not do another run of guitars since a number of people missed out that wanted a Forum Guitar.

So, thank you to Larrivee for taking care of me. And I get the thrill of waiting (again).  :D  

Randy R., Georgia, USA
icenine35

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 02:22:02 AM »

Well, it looks like we are doing 10 for the second batch.  I added another for myself to round out the order.  I called Larrivee and got the order placed, so now we can start the process of eagerly waiting for pictures of our new guitars being made.  Thanks to all who ordered, and to the forum once again for making this possible.  I can't wait!  J
Wonderful news!  I can hardly wait, and having a link to the forum is just the icing on the cake.  Thanks for the opportunity!!
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 01:13:18 PM »

Not to cause a stir, but will yours be numbered out of the original 17, or out of the new edition?  I REALLY don't want to send my guitar back so they can change the label to say "12 of 16"  :lol:
Matthew said that they would hold on to the damaged Forum Guitar #10, which was my origonal instrument. It was serial number 77278. How the replacement will be numbered or labeled, I wasn't told.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
deltoid

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 05:32:38 PM »

Looking foward to mine!

Todd S.  
guitarcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 12:25:45 AM »

Hi Randy, your guitar should get the same label as the first one you had.  Yours will never be sold or given to anyone else.  Usually when problems arise with the 03 series guitars they destroy them, as painful as that is to hear.  They don't want to have 03 series blems out in the marketplace.  The gloss models have more captial value, and more cost, so they do release them if they are blems.  You should see your #10 back before too long.  Thanks again to everyone, I can't wait to get mine!  J

My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT
jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

Hi...I am new on this forum and was gettting ready to buy an OM-03. Where can I find out more about this special edition?

Jim
shadco

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 09:14:09 PM »

Hi...I am new on this forum and was gettting ready to buy an OM-03. Where can I find out more about this special edition?

Jim
Welcome to the forum.

You are prolly a little late to the game for the limited run Forums as I think the order closed on Monday but a call to Jason at Notableguitar.com would give you the definitive answer.

I saw you post at umgf about your search and I think you may have come to the right place to get the most for your dollar.

Used Larrivee OM's don't seem to grow on trees but there is a lot of value in the OM-03's and 05's.

I just got an OM50 which is really sweet too but may be a tad above your target.

Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD
jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 09:16:08 PM »

Thanks Shad. I just went to a local store and played on OM-03 and liked it a lot. I have not seen much in the way of used Larrivees at all...I'll keep my eyes open. My budget is $1,000 or less, which is why the OM-03 appeals to me.

Jim
shadco

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 09:23:32 PM »

Thanks Shad. I just went to a local store and played on OM-03 and liked it a lot. I have not seen much in the way of used Larrivees at all...I'll keep my eyes open. My budget is $1,000 or less, which is why the OM-03 appeals to me.

Jim
Home of the used Larry's

http://www.larriveeforum.com/forums/index.....php?act=SF&f=6

Good luck it must be nice to have a local stocking dealer for Larrivee even if it is a chain.

Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD
jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 09:46:09 PM »

Good luck it must be nice to have a local stocking dealer for Larrivee even if it is a chain.

It's a Sam Ash store. In the past month or so, they have eliminated Gibson/Epiphone and increased the Larrivees in their acoustic room and the Ibanez in the electric section.

There is also another store near my home in Bucks County, Pa. that is listed as a Larrivee dealer but I have not been there yet.

Jim
mikerides

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 10:03:41 PM »

[There is also another store near my home in Bucks County, Pa. that is listed as a Larrivee dealer but I have not been there yet.

Jim
You can try Guitar Villa.  The Quakertown store had 1 in stock but sold it and the Bethlehem store had an OMV-03e and a LV-09 in stock the  last time I was there a few months ago.  That's pretty close to Bucks County.  Quakertown may even be in Bucks.

Mike
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: