OM-40R Custom Build progress

Started by USNavySeniorChief, February 26, 2015, 04:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wow! That's gorgeous!!! Congrats on a one of a kind beauty!!!  Just WOW!!!!
Treenewt

Very nice! Neck's a little long though, ain't it? By about two frets.  :tongue:
Happy for you  :beer
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Beauty  :drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Glad you finally have it. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment and joyous sounds!  :cheers

Thank you all! Now I just need a little more talent so I could live up to this instrument. LOL!
"Guitars are meant to be played not dis-played."

Quote from: broKen on May 15, 2015, 05:12:55 PM
Very nice! Neck's a little long though, ain't it? By about two frets.  :tongue:
Happy for you  :beer
The longer the better :bgrin:

Gorgeous!

That is definitely beautiful and well worth the wait (from my perspective.  :smile:
Larrivee 00-40R

Outstanding, love the rope purfling.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on May 16, 2015, 10:13:52 AM
Outstanding, love the rope purfling.
I like the stain used on the neck as well. It is a fine looking guitar, but I was thinking the abalone rosette makes it look like an OM-60. I really don't want to sound critical about such a special Larrivee, just think it would look more like a 40 with a rope rosette as well.
      Just thoughts. :blush:

Quote from: dependan on May 16, 2015, 10:25:22 AM
I like the stain used on the neck as well. It is a fine looking guitar, but I was thinking the abalone rosette makes it look like an OM-60. I really don't want to sound critical about such a special Larrivee, just think it would look more like a 40 with a rope rosette as well.
     Just thoughts. :blush:

Well an OM-60 would not have the slotted headstock nor the torch inlay.  Though I agree with you that it's a fine looking guitar and all the best to USNavySeniorChief.  Well done Chief!

Gorgeous guitar and it's been a great story to follow!  :+1:
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

That is some nice gloss, I had to do a double take when I saw the crack on the back, then I realized it was in the concrete.
Tap the picture and zoom in, nice resolution.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Thanks to all the great comments! You guys ROCK!!!  :cheers

Quote from: USNavySeniorChief on May 15, 2015, 04:35:00 PM
Body.

Was looking back through the thread, and I'm still blown away by this! Beautiful guitar! I can only imagine how wonderful it must sound and play! Congrats!
Treenewt

I'm going to attempt to describe the sound of this Larrivee as an OM cannon! Very pleasant and balanced tone with rich harmonics to boot. Sweet highs and lows that responds well to pretty much any style of playing. I mainly play fingerstyle but I find that the top really responds well using a pick as well. The OM 40 bracing, wide grained spruce, East Indian rosewood, slotted headstock & the overall design of the guitar really worked out well. But I truly believe Jean, Matt and their crew is the main reason why this guitar sounds so special. And for that, I will always be greatfull for their talents and hard work at Larrivee guitars!

Beautiful guitar. Congrats!
Larrivee OM-03MT
Eastman AC322ce
Eastman AC222ce
Eastman PCH3-CO
Art & Luthirie legacy 12 bourbon burst cw qit
Guild D140ce SB
Orangewood Sage Mahogany AE

Best thread on the forum.  We all wish we had your connections at the factory...  Beautiful guitar!   :thumb

:nice guitar: :nana_guitar :+1:
George

:+1: :+1:  Really nice... enjoy her... BobW...  :guitar

That is a beauty - I echo everyone else here:

:nice guitar:

For those here asking about Larrivee's "Custom Shop" the Chief's guitar provides the answer!  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992