Gotoh 510

Started by rrgguitarman, February 15, 2015, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there a full guitar pic available? I'd like to see the inlay. Thanks.
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

Before changing the tuners.

Ruben

Quote from: rrgguitarman on March 01, 2015, 05:16:32 PM

Turned out wonderfully! The black cosmo finish is widely adaptable I feel.

The longer I own the 510 mini's the more I like them.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Thanks for the pics. Very nice inlay.  :thumb
Dave

You're welcome, thank you for your interest.
Besides the beauty this OM is the liveliest guitar I have ever played, a very sweet voice. I was also surprised how easily it plays with the mediums that it came with.
Ruben

I dropped these antique gold/ebony button 510's in my new OM-03 JCL in about 5 minutes!

Great look!
Dave

Quote from: tpoint on March 26, 2015, 09:31:51 AM
I dropped these antique gold/ebony button 510's in my new OM-03 JCL in about 5 minutes!

How did you manage to do that in 5 minutes? that is fast.

Looks great BTW.
Ruben

Quote from: rrgguitarman on April 02, 2015, 07:28:16 PM
How did you manage to do that in 5 minutes? that is fast.

Looks great BTW.

could've taken 10, rr! Maybe 15, but then it took me 30 minutes to restring it.

I have a question with regard to Gotoh 510 tuner installation when replacing standard Ping tuners on a Larrivee Guitar.  Has anyone had to fill and re-drill the screw holes to get the Gotoh 510 tuners to fit?  I am having a discussion with the dealer about the new Luxury Mode tuners and he seems to think there is a difference in the screw hole angle.  I have not experienced this problem.  Have any of you?
George

Quote from: georbro3 on May 21, 2015, 11:00:53 AM
I have a question with regard to Gotoh 510 tuner installation when replacing standard Ping tuners on a Larrivee Guitar.  Has anyone had to fill and re-drill the screw holes to get the Gotoh 510 tuners to fit?  I am having a discussion with the dealer about the new Luxury Mode tuners and he seems to think there is a difference in the screw hole angle.  I have not experienced this problem.  Have any of you?

In the past, I have filled the hole with a (wood) toothpick, stained to (closely) match the existing wood, and drilled a new hole.  I haven't bothered with any finish.  And haven't had any problem with it.  I'm not sure if I've done this with a Larrivee.

Ed

And...  yet another question (that I've probably asked before).

If anyone has put a set of 21:1 510's on their parlor, do you remember which ones fit?  My preference would be a set of mini's (for reduced weight), but they only come in 18:1.  If the regular size fits, I could at least get smaller buttons to slightly reduce the weight.

Ed

Hey Ed.  Contact Josh Gemmell with Japarts.ca, he has experience with Larrivee parlors and Gotoh 510 minis and he is a dealer.  He tells me that the mid size will likely fit.  Very knowledgeable...  Josh Gemmell <info@japarts.ca>
George

eded, I'll post this link a again about drop in tuners.

Drop in, no drill, no hole fill tuners.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Dave

Quote from: dave42 on May 22, 2015, 06:42:18 AM
eded, I'll post this link a again about drop in tuners.

Drop in, no drill, no hole fill tuners.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thanks.  That helps a lot.

Ed

Every Larrivee guitar I have upgraded to Gotoh 510SGLZ 1:21 ratio tuning machines have been a no fill, no drill, drop in replacement.  A few pics follow for illustration...

new nickel finish first.
George

Gold Luxury Mode.
George