Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS-4 with P90's vs Humbuckers  (Read 6641 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »

BTW, after being on tour and playing only acoustic guitars, what a THRILL it was to get my RS4's out of the vault and play through pure tube power last night.
 STILL the BEST electric guitar I've ever owned, -and believe me, I've owned them all....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

BTW, after being on tour and playing only acoustic guitars, what a THRILL it was to get my RS4's out of the vault and play through pure tube power last night.
 STILL the BEST electric guitar I've ever owned, -and believe me, I've owned them all....

Too bad Larrivee discontinued this model.  I wonder if it can still be ordered via their custom shop?
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »

the prices they are fetching these days, you'd be wiser to snap one up when they go for $1,200 (or less).
scary.

Like over 50?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »

the prices they are fetching these days, you'd be wiser to snap one up when they go for $1,200 (or less).
scary.

When I think of what I paid for mine in order to be an early bird ....  crying 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »

When I think of what I paid for mine in order to be an early bird ....  crying 

Me too ... in order to get the root beer finish...

...but the bottom line is, they're really worth every penny we paid for them (the "market" be damned).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 09:58:57 PM »

Me too ... in order to get the root beer finish...

...but the bottom line is, they're really worth every penny we paid for them (the "market" be damned).

Yep but I would love to have picked up a second one for less than half what I paid. Retirement is good but it doesn't pay nearly as well.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 12:50:31 AM »

I don't think there will be many in the used market since Larrivee stopped production--especially the ones with the full-on fretboard inlay.
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 02:03:11 AM »

I don't think there will be many in the used market since Larrivee stopped production--especially the ones with the full-on fretboard inlay.

Ahh but the status of owning a name carries a lot of weight.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »

I disagree with this, about the used market.
There are always people who need to let go of cherished (sometimes not so cherished-as per my recent 77 Toronto build) guitars.

And screw market value, the Montery RS4 is simply a joy to play, and has more overtones, and was made with better materials, with higher quality standards than 98% of all electric guitars.

When I was having difficulty around the p-90 Gold top purchase (it was at a GC in Oxnard) Matt told me he knew the exact guitar, that it was built by one of his line builders for his own use. (one of only 2 made).

The famous David Wren/Matthiew interview still and will always stand as a beautiful statement of what that family is about.

If any one is serious about buying one, and you see one come up, jump on it. simple.
I just missed at Tobacco sunburst RS4 with Lollars that went for $1,000 on ebay about a month ago.

Like over 50?

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »

I disagree with this, about the used market.
There are always people who need to let go of cherished (sometimes not so cherished-as per my recent 77 Toronto build) guitars.

And screw market value, the Montery RS4 is simply a joy to play, and has more overtones, and was made with better materials, with higher quality standards than 98% of all electric guitars.

When I was having difficulty around the p-90 Gold top purchase (it was at a GC in Oxnard) Matt told me he knew the exact guitar, that it was built by one of his line builders for his own use. (one of only 2 made).

The famous David Wren/Matthiew interview still and will always stand as a beautiful statement of what that family is about.

If any one is serious about buying one, and you see one come up, jump on it. simple.

+1 Heck I jumped on 6 at almost 3 times the price you referred and now ( especially since they stopped making them) wouldn't sell for twice what I paid!!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »

I see only 2 on eBay right now.  They have been on there for a while now.  Sellers must be holding firm on a decent price.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »

Sure I'd always prefer to pay less and get more but what's done is done and I have absolutely no regrets over my RS-4. Simply the finest electric guitar I've ever met.
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »

Sure I'd always prefer to pay less and get more but what's done is done and I have absolutely no regrets over my RS-4. Simply the finest electric guitar I've ever met.

well if imitation is the highest form of flattery, I came too close to buying that one in Edmonton, (Lollars/Violin burst) and trolling constantly for one...

Like over 50?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: