Are lancasters still made?

Started by Br549, January 22, 2015, 09:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious about finding a Lancaster because I love my rs2 and want to possibly add another electric to the family.
Any ideas?  Prices?  Any help is awesome.  Thanks

I hope at least Walkerman could chime in with this, I haven't heard much talk of them lately. I'm happy I got mine! Don't recall even a picture of an electric of any style on the Larrivee Facebook in months  :mad:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

still waitng for the new website to officially announce the status of all the electrics... :?
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

It seemed (from a previous discussion/post here) that it was only the RS-4/2 that were suspended, but Bakersfields and Lancasters are still available - the new style Lancaster, anyway - is that called a Santa Monica? I can't keep track, but I think they're still available.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

There's one on the bay now. Not sure if its new or used. Don't remember.  :blush:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I'll keep a lookout for one but the shoreline gold ones don't really appeal to me.  That's what I have seen only on eBay.

I've never seen a black Larrivee electric.... Only the charcoal burst....Anybody have a black RS2?
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

Here are the pics from NAMM confirming that electrics are still being made/promoted/advertised (this are also posted in a thread in the Larrivee acoustic forum - sorry for the duplication).

The Strat-style in the second picture is the "new" Lancaster - or Santa Monica, I'm not sure: Matthew needs to chime in and confirm what the name is these days.

And check out that back Bakersfield! Two humbuckers and a stop tail bridge - like the very expensive and limited edition Seymour Duncan model. I may just get sucked into buying another one of these! Dang!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

meh, I've said before- strat and tele clones are a dime a dozen, and I'm sure the Bakersfield and the Lancaster are the pick of the litter.

The REAL flagship for me is, and will always be, the venerable Monterey RS4.

but heck what do I know, I have a very lovely "tele" and a couple mid eighties RS4's, that were the predecessor to the current Lancaster.

I'm a happy camper, as well as a flag waving, card carrying, foot stomping larrivee owner, have been for 42 years, ain't stopping anytime soon....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

^^^ What he said. 40 years for me.  :thumb

On a slightly related note I see that Tom Anderson Guitarworks is coming out with a more traditional strat-type guitar than their previous offerings....They're calling it the Icon.

Still diggin' my Bakersfield. The unique selling point for me is the BIG neck. Love the 1 3/4" wide nut and full, beefy profile. I got a nice light one with a figured SB finish. The Santa Monica model looks nice. Granted a lot of similar guitars out there, but the Larrivees are a defenite step up in quality IMHO. Hope they stick with these two models.
Swang on,