Great made in U.S.A guitars

Started by abalone at last, January 16, 2015, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here's a great made in mississippi guitar story

http://peavey.com/
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

They also make a great amp Classic 30.I've worked on there strat and tele style guitars and there  really well made.Also they make some wonderful bass's. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Sadly, much of Peavey's stuff is now made overseas, something Hartley once swore he'd NEVER do... but the Classic series amps are still made in USA, and Peavey now builds the Budda amp line, and owns CA Acoustics and makes them here (carbon fiber guitars); I've never been able to convince them to make a lefty model....drats!

I have an old T-60 - bought it for the parts to be put into a left-handed one that was made by none other than Chip Todd (the "T" in "T-60"). He made me a left-handed T-60, but sadly, the fretwork was supbar (it was unplayable - I attribute this to the fact that he's not a lefty player), and I returned the guitar to him. He offered to make it right, but I had him simply return the T-60 back to me, all wired back up stock. My son played it off and on for a couple years, now it sits in a bag in my basement - should sell it.

Much respect for Hartley, although he seems to have lost interest in his company these days... but that's happened before (like with the afore-mentioned Ovation, when Bill Kaman left in '98).

EDITED TO ADD: I've owned many Peavey products, and currently have a Classic 50 chassis built into the custom 2x10 combo pictured below (cabinet built by Trutone Custom Cabs in LA - another USA builder!). It usually has two Reverend 1025 speakers in it - currently has one of the Reverends and an Eminence The Copperhead, which adds a little more low end oomph:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

They now offer the Classic 50 with 4 10's.

Rev nice cab.

Peavey has said that there laying off 100 workers here due the rising cost of doing business and health care insurance.

Like Fender Peavey has some stuff made in Mexico.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on January 17, 2015, 01:02:39 PM
They now offer the Classic 50 with 4 10's.

Rev nice cab.

Peavey has said that there laying off 100 workers here due the rising cost of doing business and health care insurance.

Like Fender Peavey has some stuff made in Mexico.

Thanks, Rob. I like the 2x10 format - much easier for this ol' body to handle than the 410!

I didn't know Peavey made some stuff in Mexico - but that makes sense. I know they also make some stuff in Vietnam and China. Not sure what the future holds for them - at least for their amp division. They make great PA stuff and will probably be able to continue competing in that market.

Dont' hear much about either Budda amps or Composite Acoustic guitars... the local mom 'n' pop in Omaha (a very successful store that competes very well against Guitar Center) is dropping Peavey, and I'm wondering if that's happening at more and more stores. They used to be the bread and butter brand at music stores in rural and small towns all over America.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992