Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well then!  (Read 970 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »

just another story on just another guitar.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/13/ontario-store-nets-absurdly-rare-30gs-gibson-guitar

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »

Very cool when one of these shows up. They're becoming more and more rare, but they're out there. This one was from not too far from where I live.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »

I've had the pleasure of playing Gibson's from that era.Real beauty.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 11:14:32 PM »

I just don't get it! Now I have turned into a bit of a collector myself collecting Larrivees,  more than I could ever reasonably play. The problem with Larrivees, is that IMO the new ones sound just as sweet as those made 40 or so years ago. Too bad Gibson did't have that problem 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

IMO the new ones sound better than the ones from 40 years ago.....
and I'm a bit of a collector myself.
but we all like the "cool" factor of having weird rare old guitars, even from JCL.
and then there's the stories....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 05:55:38 PM »

Not trying to hijack this, and its sort of similar, and Gibson. Many years ago I had a sweet little old neighbor lady that I was always helping out. Groceries, house repairs, catching baby raccoons as they fell from the top branches of an old oak tree. One day she gave me something that had been in her basement for a half century. Dusty old original cased Gibson UB2 banjo uke made in 1927. It was strung with kite string and had no bridge, had a bit of corrosion on the skin hardware but was otherwise in decent condition. In researching it I was offered a pretty decent price by a restorer in England. The money from the sale bought me my first and much loved Larrivee guitar. I saw pictures of the restored UB2 and the gentleman was planning on adding it to his own personal collection rather than selling, as was his original plan.

Larrivee LV-03RE
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Gibson Nouveau NV-12
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »

Gibson has been through so many changes through the years. I have the same model number as the $30,000 J-35. But my J-35 was made in Kalamazoo in the mid sixties and is double X braced with a no pin bridge. I imagine it may be worth $600/700.
      I also had a pre-war Martin made in 1939 but it was an archtop and it's value was not that much. The same size as a 000-18 and if it was a 1939 000-18 it would have been worth way more than the archtop.
                                                             well then! indeed

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: