Anyone put Bigsby on RS4 ?

Started by Walkerman, January 13, 2015, 08:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?  How did it turn out.  I see they offer a "no drill" model.  Does it still fit in original case?

according to Matt, this is one of two made.
Highly recommended, be sure to get the Schaller roller bridge with the rollers that can be adjusted side to side over the pup screws for best results.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Looks like there could be some whacking of the knobs and the handle.

I don't know about the RS-4 model, but with the B-5 Bigsby on my RS-2, it will still fit in the case and close perfectly (with the Bigsby arm flipped around back to the tail end of the body).  The arm doesn't hit the knobs, but it is in the way when it comes to adjusting them.

(Click on image below to enlarge.)

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 13, 2015, 01:21:00 PM
I don't know about the RS-4 model, but with the B-5 Bigsby on my RS-2, it will still fit in the case and close perfectly (with the Bigsby arm flipped around back to the tail end of the body).  The arm doesn't hit the knobs, but it is in the way when it comes to adjusting them.

(Click on image below to enlarge.)

Looks real nice....but I swear it is upside down   :humor:

you did a real good job.  Was it hard?  I hear they have a model that doesn't require drilling.

you can check vibromate for the drilling free stuff very easy to install.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on January 13, 2015, 02:25:08 PM

Do you keep the stock bridge?

Quote from: Walkerman on January 13, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Do you keep the stock bridge?

I have the stock bridge/saddles on mine; many people put on a bridge with roller saddles, and that would definitely improve tuning stability on mine! Some swear that you can keep a Bigsby in tune with a stock bridge on it...but that's not been my experience.

Mine has the Vibramate on it that unclrob is talking about: it screws into the stock stoptail piece holes without making any mods to the guitar, then the Bigsby screws into the Vibramate with four included screws. I've had it switched back once - very painless.

Quote from: unclrob on January 13, 2015, 02:25:08 PM

What do you think about the need to change out the bridge?  Mikeymac says roller saddle would help with tuning.

I came to Bigsby's via Gretsch guitars and they had rollor bridge's,I've installed a few of the newer one's on guitars andthere nice.The tuning issue come's from not knowing that when using the vibrato never just let the arm swing back on its own its all about guiding the arm.Plus make sure the nut slots aren't to tight and the slots are clean.I have a Bigsby on my partscaster and use it all the time with no problem but then again I've been playing with a Bigsby since '69.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Walkerman on January 13, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
Which one?  How did it turn out.  I see they offer a "no drill" model.  Does it still fit in original case?

I believe Joycein NS posted a link recently of the new Bigsby for Les Paul....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on January 14, 2015, 03:23:15 PM

I believe Joycein NS posted a link recently of the new Bigsby for Les Paul....
I think Kevin you might have been thinking of the Floyd Rose thread I started HERE
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Walkerman on January 13, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
I think Mike (Cybercanyon)  could shed some light here as he had a Bigsby installed at Build of his Forum V
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

You can get all the modals the B7 and the B70 are the long tailpiece one's which have the side attachment like the one on your goldtop,the B5 and the B50 are top mounts with string pull down bare in front.The B3 and the B30 don't have the front bar.I have install all 3 with the vibromate system,kinda cool way of doing it.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

A moustache on the Mona Lisa would only be slightly less horrific.  :whistling:  :wink:

How about a Bigsby on an esquire????
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I think it's great, unclrob! Looks like something Les Paul would do - very utilitarian. Make the instrument work for you!  :thumb

Duck thats frankunsteen,silly human

Rev isn't that what there suppose to be,by the way thats a Larrivee Bakersfield pu in the guitar...sounds wonderful.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I have two Larrivee RS-4s with B3 Bigsby's and Schaller roller bridges on them.  They fit in the Larrivee cases without any problems.  The roller bridges definitely help with better tuning stability.  The B3's are not bolt on however they can be removed.  One my RS-4s has the stock stoptail piece holes and other one (Forum V) does not.

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!