Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for RS4 owners.  (Read 758 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

First off, after spending about a week, tweaking the Epiphone ES339 I purchased, and playing it every day, switching back to the HB RS4 was simply an astounding experience. (duh)

Still with out a doubt, the RS4 is the best electric guitar i have ever owned and played.
 It was sort of like going from a Toyoto corolla (Epiphone) to a Rolls-Royce, not that I have ever driven one, but again, just incredible high praise and wow, on ML's R&D, and production of such a spectacular instrument...

Now back to the question....
I notice on the tone pros bridge assembly, the saddle adjusting screws are not facing the hard tail, but rather they face the pick up for adjustment.
Not a big deal, just sort of threw me thats all.
Other owners have the sa,e set up?

any guesses as to why?
thanks.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »

Originally the ARB1 was designed for the saddle screws to face the pickups.much easier to adjust in my mind{somewhat warp mind but its my mind}

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:05:56 AM »

Originally the ARB1 was designed for the saddle screws to face the pickups.much easier to adjust in my mind{somewhat warp mind but its my mind}

From my understanding, the traditional orientation is like Rob says.  My Forum V RS-4 bridge is oriented that way.  The LP type guitars I've been given to work on have them facing both ways about 50/50.  I mostly set them up with the bridge adjusting screws facing the way they came to me.  I will flip them though, if I think it will intonate better given how much saddle adjustment is available.  Some of the bridges you come across are not perfectly symetrical  so you can gain a little bit of sharpness or flatness by flipping them.  Of course, you can reverse the saddles as well.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: