Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schertler Bluestick-anyone around here familiar?  (Read 921 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »

I always like to try different things.
 I picked up one of these recently, (waiting for delivery).
I have mixed feelings about the review, but the price was very good, and I always have a guitar kicking around to try it in.

here's a lengthy review, but anything from JCL owners helps.....

http://www.schertler.com/press-reviews/english/200305acousticville_bluesti.pdf

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »

No experience with them, but the review leaves me with mixed feelings too.  He writes "Well, I’d be lying if I said it is exactly like an acoustic guitar. It’s quite different, more electronic sounding, reminiscent of what a good under-saddle pickup system should sound like."  And later "The Schertler Bluestick pickup system provides an acoustic guitarist with a superior alternative to a piezo under-saddle system."  Those two statements seem to contradict each other, but what's clear is that it sonically sits squarely in the under-saddle camp.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though.  Did you come across any online sound samples?

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »

yes, i found those quotes equally interesting, but a NOS system for $100 to me is at least worth a trial.
I'm still (after several years) a big fan of the LR Baggs element, now that I figured out how to use a UST, perhaps my interest is around seeing if my theory works for other UST systems.

I posted this information in a post called "it's not the pick-up".

There is actually very little information out there on the system, so we'll see how it goes....

Like over 50?

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »

I'm going to install it in the old Maple L I got recently, we'll see how it goes.
I'll keep you all posted, but the pick up is hardly anything resembling earth shattering main stream, so it could be a dud, or a pleasant surprise...

Like over 50?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: