Polished L-01

Started by JohnM2001, February 03, 2005, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pics of L-01 after polish and pickguard installation.  I tried the Scratch-X on the top for step #1, but was unhappy with the level of gloss, so reverted to OOOO steel wool.  Maybe I didn't rub hard enough with the Scratch-X, but on the other hand, was afraid to rub too hard.  I like the finished product though.

Notice the last pic, a finish flaw on the lower edge, just off to the side of the pickguard.  I felt a bump when I ran my hand over it, and saw what looks like either a piece of wood trapped under the finish, or possibly it is a blob of poly or something.  I was surprised, but not enough to send it back, as it sounds WAY too good!

D-02E

Looks great!!! Where'd ya get the pick guard?
charliep

QuoteLooks great!!! Where'd ya get the pick guard?
charliep
Brian at Larrivee customer service can order one for you, go to www.larrivee.com and the customer service email link is there
D-02E

wow you are really good at that, if I ever need one polished I'm calling you.  What is that like four guitars you've done now.
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

Quotewow you are really good at that, if I ever need one polished I'm calling you.  What is that like four guitars you've done now.
This is the 4th, and hopefully the last  :lol:  
D-02E

John,
Lookin' good!  With the polish and the pickguard, it doesnt look like the "low end" (01) of the Larrivee line!

I like it.  I do it to all my guitars.

Some 600 wet-dry with oil as lube, on a small block of wood, will eliminate that drip.  then wool and polish.

Great job John!  Oh, thanks for the work on my OM03!  That Mequiars step 1 stuff is a lot harder to work with than the steel wool.  I use the steel wool and am careful to stay with the grain of the wood.
More than I deserve.

QuoteI was surprised, but not enough to send it back, as it sounds WAY too good!
so John, do you LIKE it?

;)   no need to answer

you sure do a nice job on this polish work you do.
Larrivee D-03 Custom 1.75" nut, Bearclaw top, Upgrade level mahogany b/s  (Trinity Guitars Custom)
Larrivee 000-50
Guild F-30 Aragon Sunburst (Tacoma built, Adirondack top)
Gibson L-130

Very nice!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Very nice indeed!

Last weekend I took the pickguard off my L-03R and my next project is to polish it.  I have a 3 day weekend next weeekend and might get around to it.  

I know that I saw the link for the polishing process a while ago, but can someone post it again ~ sorry for being lazy  B)

Thanks for sharing
John in Japan
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/