Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering My 1st Electric Guitar Purchase Help me please  (Read 3327 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 02:59:43 AM »

If you're looking at Godin, their multiaxes are pretty cool as well. A very nice hybrid of acoustic and electric in either nylon or steel strings. The synth models are very versatile.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

If you're looking at Godin, their multiaxes are pretty cool as well. A very nice hybrid of acoustic and electric in either nylon or steel strings. The synth models are very versatile.
  Every bit as nice as the T5.  So a lodgical question might be from someone well Andrew why didn't you get a Godin instead of the T5 of which I could only go  

go easy and get a semi acoustic, that being said, the Godin Fifth avenue guitars are made very well, and very reasonably priced.
the only thing keeping me from one of these is I'm holding out for Larrivee to enter this market and also having a 165 & 335  wacko As Kevin says very nice & well priced North American option.

have you considered installing a magnetic pu in the soundhole,something like the Baggs M1 would help give a bit more versatility.
aahhh the Voice of Reason  

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »

I've played all three and would own anyone of them.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »

I've had a Godin Multiac Nylon Grand Concert for about 6-7 years and really like it.  It does needs amplification.  I love the 2 inch classical neck for something different.  Never played a 5th Avenue.

Steve ....aka the SMan
Marauder

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 05:00:38 PM »

Bob, I purchased a Godin 5th Avenue Kinpin II about 8 months ago. This guitar is very versatile, when amplified, the Kingpin pickups are very lively, I can get a very nice clean jazz, acoustic sound. It came with some 12's for strings, which were a little stiff for my liking, so I have lowered the action and installed 10's. It is real easy to play, and with some overdrive, it is a completely different animal. It is also has a nice Cognac Burst satin finish. I cannot think of any cons, other than it should be amplified to get the best sound, it sounds fine unplugged , but it is all about the Kingpin pickups with this one.
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »

I've had a Godin Multiac Nylon Grand Concert for about 6-7 years and really like it.  It does needs amplification.  I love the 2 inch classical neck for something different.  Never played a 5th Avenue.

I'm know my old, arthritic hands can't handle a 2"neck...   really comfortable with 1.75"   ...  BobW...   
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »

I've played all three and would own anyone of them.

Thanks UncR...  always appreciate your input... BobW... am leaning towards the Godin 5th Ave Kingpin ll... 
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »

Bob, I purchased a Godin 5th Avenue Kinpin II about 8 months ago. This guitar is very versatile, when amplified, the Kingpin pickups are very lively, I can get a very nice clean jazz, acoustic sound. It came with some 12's for strings, which were a little stiff for my liking, so I have lowered the action and installed 10's. It is real easy to play, and with some overdrive, it is a completely different animal. It is also has a nice Cognac Burst satin finish. I cannot think of any cons, other than it should be amplified to get the best sound, it sounds fine unplugged , but it is all about the Kingpin pickups with this one.

Marauder...

Thanks for the report....  I'm guessing you don't want to sell it  ... 

One like yours is what I'm thinking of getting...   Thanks for the string input... I appreciate any tip I can get... BobW...
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 01:49:47 AM »

+1   NGD

Godin 5th Avenue CW Kingpin II 2014 Cognac Burst  

Godin 5th Avenue CW Kingpin II 2014 Cognac Burst[/b]

Thanks for everybody's input and help... BobW...

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »

gotpics?

Edit :  oopps I now see it over HERE

Luvly indeed!  drool

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: