Larrivee 30th Anniversary #2 out of 100. Any info on this guitar I have?

Started by Pittman, June 18, 2014, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello forum members. My grandfather left me a guitar when he passed away. Out of all the Martins & Taylor's he chose to leave me just this one and told me to sell every other one he had. This guitar means a lot to me, and I will never sell it. I really want to get some information on it. How valuable it is. And the significance of this guitar. Here are the pictures.

:beer:

If you'll never sell it, it's priceless. No? By the way, where's my  :donut 

Of course its priceless, I've talked to a few guys and they just didn't believe I had #2. I just don't understand the significance since I just started playing.

Your grandfather knows guitars. I'd do as he says. Play it from time to time, but wear the others out. She's beautiful
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Hello and welcome!

This is a gorgeous, wonderful, stunning instrument! Since it is the 30th Anniversary edition, it was made in 1997, and it looks like it's based on a C-10 model. I can imagine that this is one of the most valuable Larrivées out there. Look at the pegheadveneer, it's most certainly brazilian. And please, show us the back and sides, I guess they are made of brazilian too (at least that's what I can say from looking at the picture that shows the inside of the guitar with the label). Do you have any paperwork with the guitar? In addition, it has all the appointments the very high-end Larrivées do have, even a little more bling. I would keep it very well, play it gently from time to time and never sell it. I'm not a huge fan of keeping guitars in museumlike mint condition, but that one's just too precious to use it very tough or to sell it.
And by the way, get another Larrivée to learn playing on it. :nana_guitar
Cheers
Tom

I love the "42-style" pearl along the fretboard extension - that is a killer guitar, wow!
I have to differ from the other posters and say: It's probably the best guitar you'll ever own, so use it and enjoy it, and remember to make sure it is properly humidified!
:smile:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Hey Zohn, I totally agree with you, this guitar should be used and enjoyed. But not abused and worn down.
Cheers
Tom

Here ya go!

http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?title=Larrivée_C10_BZ_30th_Anniversary

Looks like a stunning guitar.  If you haven't already, I would have an experienced tech check it out and set it up.  If you are a new player then you'll want to make sure you keep it properly humidified in the winter months (or if you are in a dry climate possibly year round).  Having been given to you by your grandfather I would agree with ducktrapper that it is priceless.  Enjoy it!
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Holy mother of grail!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I used to have one. Brazilian Rosewood back and sides.
Neat headstock inlay with a woman looking at her reflection in a mirror...
I sold mine on consignment through Elderly Instruments in the late 90's I think.

What a fine gift from your grandfather. As a few have stated already, PLAY IT!!  That's what guitars are made for.
     I wrote a simple song I call "Grandma, God and Guitars". I put "Larrivee" in the last verse. Maybe you could come up with a tune and a little ballad about this fine guitar and your dear grandfather.

That's a super nice guitar! A true treasure.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Thats a dream guitar...
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Thanks for all the info guys! Learned a lot on this guitar since i posted the topic!

Quote from: J M Larrivée on January 28, 2016, 10:23:01 AM
What Kevin said :bowdown:

Thanks John- sorry we missed each other in Vancouver in October.
Rufus is on his way east with a guitar from Chuck Baker for me.
I still have that beat up old 71 Jean made for Brent Titcomb if you're looking to add such relics to the private collection...
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...