Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Omv-03r Vs Breedlove Ac25/sr  (Read 978 times)
jsuk

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:05:43 PM »

hello everyone, first post so be gentle =)

ok, im looking to make a guitar purchase really soon
and most likely it will either be one of those two guitars

does anyone here own one of the breedlove atlas series guitars?
namely the one im looking for, the ac25/sr

if so, can you record it and post it pleaaase!!
its been extremely hard to find one and id like to know how
it sounds before i decide on whether i want to purchase it or not
thanks again!

1990 taylor 710 (rosalina)
mikerides

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 03:02:28 AM »

I have an AD20/SM.  It's a fine guitar, Korean made Breedlove design.  For the $400 I paid for it, I'd put it up against any other in that price range.  Very unique sound.  You can really feel the whole body vibrate while you play it.  

The only thing about the Atlas is the very thin top with the Breedlove support system.  I don't recall off hand what they call it.  My AD20 seams to be very susceptible to humidity changes.  The top moves alot, going from no sting buzz to having string buzz.  Some days good, some days not.  At least that has been my experience.  Of couse I do have it set up for low string height.

It's for sale.  $300

For the price of an AC25 without case, since they don't come with one, I'd go for a Larrivee 03 series.

Just my opinion, ymmv

Mike
Edavis

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »

Try to get your hands on both models your interested in-I just got a OM03R and its great but I played it quite a bit before buying it. I've played others that were OK however each guitar is unique. Although I must admit the Larrivees are pretty consistent. The Atlas guitars I've played were very nice and best thing I've seen in their price range.
tbc

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »

You might check with Dave at guitaradoptions.com, one of the dealers who frequents here.

He is a Breedlove Dealer, #1 according to his website. i took a look but he didn't have any Atlas' listed. If he had access to what you're looking for I'm sure he would record it for you. he does it all the time.
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 09:22:45 PM »

Jason at Notable sells both and might be able to answer any side by side comparison' questions you have...http:\\www.notableguitars.com

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
jsuk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

thanks for the help and suggestions, ill definitely look into it. Bill Warmoth of Artisan guitars from this forum sent me an e-mail and played it for me over the phone, but the sound quality wasnt too great.  He was awesome though in taking the time to help me.  So  Bill wherever you are, thank you!

1990 taylor 710 (rosalina)
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »

The Avalon guitars I have played had thin necks.  Some people really like those, but I don't so much.  If neck feel is important to you then consider this carefully.

E. Shoaf
mdrulez

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

James! I caught you on this forum!  Of course...here, you're going to be a bit of a bias...don't you think?  Seriously, if you want quality, go Larrivee.  

(for the rest of you, jsuk and I are friends), we have found it very hard to find any atlas' to play in the entire LA area.  Anyone know where we can find any around here?  We tried McCabe's and Buffalo Bros., but I don't know any other decent non-GC guitar shops.  

Larrivee OM-O3R (K&K Mini Passive)
Fender Telecaster Butterscotch Blode
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: