Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Guitar Site: Required Reading!  (Read 1659 times)
1954Gold

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2004, 02:12:41 PM »

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/

I am new here and did a search on the Forum and the above website did not come up, so I don't know if it has been discussed or not. This is the best source I have found on "vintage" guitars -with very **frank** discussions of each manufacturer, years, models, appraisals, grades, and market pricing issues. Read Martin and Gibson carefully. IMHO it is the vintage guitar BIBLE and required reading for anyone contemplating the purchase of a vintage (before 1970) instrument, especially off Ebay or other unknowns.
NewStrings

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 02:46:17 PM »

Thanks for the link 1954Gold, some really good info and great pics of truly magnificant guitars!!!  Now, if I can wipe the drool off my computer monitor....

NewStrings

Lord of the STRINGS

Collings D-1H
Goodall TROM
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Gibson J-45 Standard
Gold Tone OB-250 Banjo
The Loar 520 Mandolin
1954Gold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 02:59:23 PM »

Enjoy.... this site cuts thru all baloney and has saved me alot of grief. Always kicked myself for selling my 1970 Les Paul Deluxe so his site was good therapy. Also stopped me from pulling the trigger on some 70's Gibsons and Martins. Pre 86 Les Paul? Forget it. I laugh when I see Ebay prices now.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 03:30:46 PM »

Don't forget that there are tone's of books out there to read.If anyone is going to purchas e a vintage instrument and would like to talk to someone in the biz,even if we don't have it,please feel free to contact me anytime I'm always glad to help.By the way I've been doin this stuff for going on 35 years.E Gad I am really older the dirt!!!!!!!!!!! :D  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
riffdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 07:38:19 AM »

I've been using this guy's website for a few years now. It's an incredible resource, and one of my favorite places on the web to goof off. This site seems to verify my predilection for guitars that most people don't care about (Les Paul Deluxes, ES-225's, small-body Martins, etc.). I think we can dub my gear list "notably uninteresting instruments." I like 'em, so I guess that's all that matters.
1954Gold

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 10:52:28 PM »

It's an incredible resource, and one of my favorite places on the web to goof off. seems to verify my predilection for guitars that most people don't care about (Les Paul Deluxes, ES-225's, small-body Martins, etc.). I think we can dub my gear list "notably uninteresting instruments." I like 'em, so I guess that's all that matters.
Yeah, that remains the definitive source. However, as he points out demand is king, and while he assigns a value of D to the Les Paul Deluxe ( and I agree with him) the early 70's Deluxes are hitting the $2K mark on Ebay. Actually, there is a 71 Deluxe with embossed full hums on Ebay now for $3K. FYI, I sent you an email.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: