Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: chorus pedal  (Read 1605 times)
johnr

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »

hey folks; which chorus pedal is best suited for acoustic guitar. Boss makes about 3 of them .....it doesn't necessarily have to be Boss either.thanks.
redwards

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:25:58 PM »

johnr,

While I haven't tried it with my acoustics, but suspect it would sound just fine, my Fulltone Choralflange is everything from nice chimey to swirling lushness. Just one man's recommendation...

Robert

Robert

Larrivee O-50
Collings OM2H
Alvarez Yairi DY87 (Doubleneck)
Northfield "S" Series Custom mandolin
Gibson Les Paul Standard
G&L ASAT (Tele)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »

I have a friend that use's one of those Dano chorus's sounds just fine to me.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
KenS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »

The Electro-Harmonix Small Clone is both nice-sounding and affordable.

ken
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 03:52:05 AM »

It might be worthwhile to post what type of a sound you are going after.  I used to like the sound of chorus on acoustic, but these days to my ear it's kind of grating.  IMO this is one of the sounds that completely destroys the sound of an acoustic guitar.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
johnr

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »

hey rockstar...really? ...i think just a "little" bit of james taylor knida chorus sounds ok to me.i'm going after the "police" sound.all i want is to click on a little "delay" and a little chorus" every now and then...by the way ;i tried the small clone and the dano and did not care for their sound...to "electric guitar "sounding...guess i'll keep looking.the fishman is way too much$$.
Bas

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »

I'm using an Electric Blue Chorus from Mad Professor for my electric guitar. Have to say it sounds great with an acoustic guitar as well. The chorus can be applied as such it's barely noticable but only adding a little depth to the tone. Their pedals ain't cheap but it might be worth looking for a used one.

This review might be worth looking at:
Mad Prfessor Electric Blue Chorus @ PremierGuitar

Larrivée L-03/Anthem SL (2013)
Taylor GS "Bottleneck" Mini-e RW (2014)
Gibson LP Studio VS (2013)
Marshall JTM-1C: 50th Anniversary Edition ⊷ Little Green Wonder, Sweet Honey Overdrive & Silver Spring Reverb
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »

hey rockstar...really? ...i think just a "little" bit of james taylor knida chorus sounds ok to me.i'm going after the "police" sound.all i want is to click on a little "delay" and a little chorus" every now and then...by the way ;i tried the small clone and the dano and did not care for their sound...to "electric guitar "sounding...guess i'll keep looking.the fishman is way too much$$.

The aspect of turning the sound into too much electric guitar sounding - is exactly what I'm referring to.  Which James Taylor song are you referring to? I have the Best Of album from 2003 with 20 of his biggest hits.

Walking Man sounds a bit like it, but on really critical listening, I would suggest that that one is actually double tracking rather than chorus on the acoustic guitars.

Mexico and Shower the People, Up on the Roof, and Golden Moments definitely have chorus on them.  Go with a very shallow depth and pretty slow rate, less than a couple of Hz, if that's the sound you are trying to duplicate.  This shouldn't take anything fancy as for a pedal.  I have to say that is the sound that is irritating to my ear - I prefer his other acoustic guitar tunes much more.

Handy Man is definitely double tracked, not with chorus on it.

Again, you can do this sound with a pretty standard chorus pedal, just keep the depth backed of to nearly nothing and the rate down to almost as low as you can go.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: