Sold: Larrivee OO-50

Started by jrdavies, March 16, 2014, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have decided to sell my OO-50 as I am not playing it as much any more.   According to the folks at Larrivee the guitar was started on 2/2/2005 and completed on 11/9/2005.  It is in very good condition with the following exceptions. There is some minor fret ware, there are a few scratches on the headstock and there is a very small chip on the back corner of the left hand side of the headstock (you can see this in the picture of the back).  It comes with the original case.  High resolution pictures can be found here.

FEATURES:
All Solid wood Construction, Single Piece Mahogany Neck, Canadian Sitka Spruce Sound Board & Bracing, African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge, Canadian Flame Maple Binding w/ Herringbone, South American Mahogany Back & Sides, Shifted Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing, Hand fit Dovetail Neck Joint, Enlarged Sound hole w/ Herringbone Rosette, Traditional Slotted Headstock w/Mother of Pearl Logo & Volute,  Rosewood Headstock Overlay, Custom Milled 3-on-a-side tuners(18:1 ratio), Larrivee Custom Beveled Tortoiseshell Pickguard, Mother of Pearl Diamond Fretboard Markers, Traditional Angled Bone Nut, and Strap Button (end pin only), bone nut and saddle and Gloss finish.

Specs:
Lower Bout: 14.25"
Upper Bout: 10.25"
Waist: 8.25"
Depth: 4.25"
Scale length: 25.5"
Nut Width: 1&3/4"
Fretboard Radius Compound (16" to 21")

Do you have any sound clips you can share.  Thanks   BobW... :guitar

Nothing at hand.  I might have time to put something together next weekend.  In the meantime here is a link to another forum member on his 00-50

Quote from: jrdavies on March 17, 2014, 12:55:31 AM

Nothing at hand.  I might have time to put something together next weekend.  In the meantime here is a link to another forum member on his 00-50

thanks for the plug JR. 

Was this guitar gloss from the factory, or was it buffed out by an owner?

Welch
1991 Martin OM-21 Special
1991 Martin Shenandoah D-6832
P-09 Larrivee Parlor
2005 Fender Deluxe 24 Bass
Unknown 5 string Banjo
Godin "Strat Wanna-be"

This OO-50 was part of the Traditional series Larrivee put out a few years ago.  They were all gloss from the factory.  I have a 2005 catalog and will post a copy of the pages describing 50 series guitars this evening.

Here is the overview page and the table of features. from the catalog.

Greetings, any interest in a trade?  I have a '99 Gibson WM-00.  K & K pure mini pickup, vintage bone nut, saddle & bridge pins, Waverly oval tuners, OHSC, and the awesome Bobba Fett truss rod cover.

Van

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ― Terry Pratchett

'06 Larrivee OMV-50
'14 Martin 00-15SM

Van, looks like a nice guitar but I am trying to reduce the number of guitars I have.

Thanks

JR,

Understand.  I will see if I can liquidate my Gibson on the bay and get back to you.  That 00-50 is beautiful.  Thanks, VR
Van

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ― Terry Pratchett

'06 Larrivee OMV-50
'14 Martin 00-15SM

Where are you located ?
Larrivee 00-03MH
Guild D-55
Mossman Tennessee Flat Top 12

I am in California just south of San Francisco.

Yes the fret wear is minor.  If you download this picture and zoom in you should be able to see the first of fret.  If you need more info please let me know.