Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got my new RS-4  (Read 3038 times)
Marauder

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »

It is everything I have ever wanted in a guitar, "beautiful work of art" . I did originally want the Charcoalburst, however,  I ended up changing to a Tobacco Sunburst color.  RS-4 owners......you know how I feel right now. Like a kid on Christmas morning. Pics coming  soon....
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »

They are amazing guitars, every day I love mine a little more.  Congrats on yours, these are special instruments.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

RS-4 owners......you know how I feel right now. Like a kid on Christmas morning. Pics coming  soon....

We do    Looking forward to pics

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »

congrats, I have the Tobacco burst, I've said it before-
The RS4 is the most under rated guitar on the planet,
I don't think there's a better electric guitar made.
It just makes you want to play your best, and then some! +1

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »

I had a charcoal burst. Loved it. Altho' most people in the audience thought it was straight black. Tobacco will certainly show better from stage. Congrats on the new RS4. Danged good guitars!! 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »

I have the amber and, yes, I know how you feel.   
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »

Nice! I'm anticipating taking the larrivee electric plunge in the future.

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Flow Master

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »

Looking to trade for one tomorrow if all works out. In Cherry Burst.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »

Looking to trade for one tomorrow if all works out. In Cherry Burst.

Welcome, Flow Master!  welcome

If it works out, that will be a *good trade* (thinking "Dances with Wolves" here!). It will be a very  nice guitar

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 10:51:07 PM »

Congrats marauder.  Look forward to some pics.

Based on feedback from this Forum, it seems Larrivee's fairly recent return to electric guitars has been most successful with the RS-4 model.  I hear more about the RS-4 than any other Larrivee electric.

broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »

Yeah,!  Go ahead and tease me!  Sheese!  I can't keep this up  crying

So tell me, how would an RS4 sound out of my acoustic amp?   

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 04:46:37 AM »

Yeah,!  Go ahead and tease me!  Sheese!  I can't keep this up  crying

So tell me, how would an RS4 sound out of my acoustic amp?   

It won't sound as warm and it won't get dirty...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
MurrayP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 03:17:48 AM »

I have one. It is the most amazing guitar I have ever owned. Is it the most beautiful? Don't know... It certainly sounds the best and plays the best thought!!
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »

I have one. It is the most amazing guitar I have ever owned. Is it the most beautiful? Don't know... It certainly sounds the best and plays the best thought!!

If we're talking about RS-4's, I would say mine is the most beautiful electric I own, along with being the best built and having the best electronics (pots, caps, etc.).   +1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
MurrayP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 01:45:57 AM »

So, about my RS-4, what I have noticed is that the joint where the neck meets the body on the lower, cut-out side of the guitar (right side when looking at her - which I often do ) there is about a 1/16 to 1/32 inch mismatch between the neck and body (the body is sticking out and not flush with the neck by any means). Now, when I pickup my (Gibson) LP Studio, it is almost baby smooth in this region.

I also have the dots instead of the inlay on the neck and I find the finish not to be very hard (it is getting swirl marks from Dunlop 65 polish and microfiber). This is a guitar I purchased last summer from a low volume higher price dealer who sold it at a measly $1400 something dollars (thanks Gord).

Larrivee family, I would like you to pay particular attention to the next statement: The more I play this baby (I play once a week or so for a short time but I have been playing for 45 years), the more I cannot believe that a guitar can behave, feel, sound and play so well. I would like to give you a smiley character but I don't see any that express my true appreciation and gratitude for this instrument.

To say "fine instrument" is an understatement. About a year 1/2 ago I sold my 98 BMW 540i (had her for a year, she wasn't worth much but she was classic) and purchased a Gibson CS-356, 2 years old - 9.8/10 condition, if you don't know this model, look it up if you care to, she is mentioned in this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_CS-336

I love my Gibson and take great care of her (a $4K guitar to buy new). Even though the Gibson eclipses the LP Studio, Fender Deluxe Start, and US Tele that I own, the RS-4 is my GO TO Guitar like no other. Each time when I get together with my old folks band to play some Floyd and such, I am more and more impressed with the effective playability and sound of this pure gem.

Larrivee family, thank you, I don't know why the RS-4 is not THE #1 guitar on the market but, selfishly, I am kinda glad that I have such a unique guitar that makes all others pale (at least to some extent) in comparison!

Best
Murray 

nice guitar
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »

So, about my RS-4, what I have noticed is that the joint where the neck meets the body on the lower, cut-out side of the guitar (right side when looking at her - which I often do ) there is about a 1/16 to 1/32 inch mismatch between the neck and body (the body is sticking out and not flush with the neck by any means). Now, when I pickup my (Gibson) LP Studio, it is almost baby smooth in this region.

I also have the dots instead of the inlay on the neck and I find the finish not to be very hard (it is getting swirl marks from Dunlop 65 polish and microfiber). This is a guitar I purchased last summer from a low volume higher price dealer who sold it at a measly $1400 something dollars (thanks Gord).

Larrivee family, I would like you to pay particular attention to the next statement: The more I play this baby (I play once a week or so for a short time but I have been playing for 45 years), the more I cannot believe that a guitar can behave, feel, sound and play so well. I would like to give you a smiley character but I don't see any that express my true appreciation and gratitude for this instrument.

To say "fine instrument" is an understatement. About a year 1/2 ago I sold my 98 BMW 540i (had her for a year, she wasn't worth much but she was classic) and purchased a Gibson CS-356, 2 years old - 9.8/10 condition, if you don't know this model, look it up if you care to, she is mentioned in this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_CS-336

I love my Gibson and take great care of her (a $4K guitar to buy new). Even though the Gibson eclipses the LP Studio, Fender Deluxe Start, and US Tele that I own, the RS-4 is my GO TO Guitar like no other. Each time when I get together with my old folks band to play some Floyd and such, I am more and more impressed with the effective playability and sound of this pure gem.

Larrivee family, thank you, I don't know why the RS-4 is not THE #1 guitar on the market but, selfishly, I am kinda glad that I have such a unique guitar that makes all others pale (at least to some extent) in comparison!

Best
Murray 

nice guitar

It appears like you got  good value for your money then??!!  Congrats.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

Well said, Murray.

Love mine. Is it the *best* guitar ever? Hard to say; there are different tones in different guitars, but this one IS excellent in quality and tones. I hope I never have to part with mine!

nice guitar

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
ovaltine52

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »

+1 nice guitar
Sooner95

Ignore