New style Lancaster

Started by Walkerman, February 09, 2014, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 14, 2014, 11:27:10 PM
Well, it's all about choices ...

True.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

4+ months to wait if you order the new body style now, as I just did.  Just need to put it out of my mind for awhile.
Larrivee RS4 Forum V  (#7)
Larrivee custom L-03 ZW
G&L ASAT Special
Fender Stratocaster (Eric Clapton Signature model)

Mine *should* be getting close to being done, but with the recent move of the Canadian shop, I'm not planning on it. Not too worried either, it will get done when it gets done! I'd rather have a quality instrument than something that was rushed.

:thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Same here, just trying to be a bit Zen about it.  Apparently the "new" Lancaster will be called the Santa Monica.
Larrivee RS4 Forum V  (#7)
Larrivee custom L-03 ZW
G&L ASAT Special
Fender Stratocaster (Eric Clapton Signature model)

Quote from: El Cajone on March 05, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
Apparently the "new" Lancaster will be called the Santa Monica.
Liked the Lancaster name!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: El Cajone on March 05, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
Apparently the "new" Lancaster will be called the Santa Monica.

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 05, 2014, 07:15:20 PM
Liked the Lancaster name!

Me too ... but just so they don't call it the Monica Lewinsky...  :rolleye:

(Someone had to say it, I might as well be the idiot who said it first...  :whistling:)

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 06, 2014, 12:44:58 PM

(Someone had to say it, I might as well be the idiot who said it first...  :whistling:)

:mad: HEY NOW....I'm the head idiot here......
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on March 06, 2014, 02:11:53 PM
:mad: HEY NOW....I'm the head idiot here......

Well, then, git wit the program ... yer fallin' down on the job!  :arrow

:humour:

I'm sorry,been slacking off lately.... :wave :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'm with Headsup on not needing to have a strat or tele or les paul or SG shape.

In fact, the guitars that have been turning my head lately are all old Airline reissues:

ok, gotta stop!

That top one with the knobs in all the wrong places, has to be uncomfortable to have them right under the wrist location for the picking hand, but still I love the visual vibe of it.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Still diggin'' my Bakersfield. The best tele style guitar I've ever laid my hands on...especially that quarter sawn neck. Nice big profile. I'd like to see some pics of the new Santa Monica S styles, but I'm sold on the Bakersfilelds. Those Airlines are playing on some vintage National nostalgia, at import prices and visually look great. The top green one has WAY too many knobs and switches (bells and whistles) the red one almost does it, but if I had only one p/u, make it the neck position please. Mi dos centavos.
Swang on,

I was kinda hoping that after they had a big hand in the Seymour Duncan 35th model, Larrivee would come out with their version of a telegib.

Quote from: Walkerman on May 07, 2014, 11:12:06 AM
I was kinda hoping that after they had a big hand in the Seymour Duncan 35th model, Larrivee would come out with their version of a telegib.
So was I!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Uno plus, Seymour is just up the road and knows a thing or 2 about telegibs. I like the body cuts, neck shape pickups and other Seymour influences on the Bakersfield. Can't think of anything I'd do to improve it, except to play around with  the pickups (but I like the stock single coils), Electrosocket jack and put in a B bender. Definitely a sleeper in teleland.  :thumbsup
Swang on,

Quote from: Steveareno on May 06, 2014, 08:56:52 PM
Still diggin'' my Bakersfield. The best tele style guitar I've ever laid my hands on...especially that quarter sawn neck. Nice big profile. I'd like to see some pics of the new Santa Monica S styles, but I'm sold on the Bakersfilelds. Those Airlines are playing on some vintage National nostalgia, at import prices and visually look great. The top green one has WAY too many knobs and switches (bells and whistles) the red one almost does it, but if I had only one p/u, make it the neck position please. Mi dos centavos.
Swang on,

If you are liking the visual vibe there, head over to Eastwood/Airline's site - there's many more different shapes and pup combinations.  These just grab me visually.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Walkerman they already have a Telegib type model. They debuted it at NAMM, I was able to take a picture. Its the Tobacco Burst on the far left. The only thing is I haven't heard anything about it since

DANG! Now THAT SD/Telegib model is cool!  More GAS... I think I'd want mine in natural or butterscotch...

Quote from: igrishenko on May 08, 2014, 07:08:19 PM
Walkerman they already have a Telegib type model. They debuted it at NAMM, I was able to take a picture. Its the Tobacco Burst on the far left. The only thing is I haven't heard anything about it since

I'll take one of those on the right, please. And Thank You!!
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."