Deleting old ads

Started by Gary787, February 02, 2014, 08:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why are members leaving their SOLD ads up. Wouldn't it help others stay on the more recent pages if the sold guitar ads were taken down?
Larrivee L03R Hunt For Spruce
Halcyon New Guiena/Sitka SJ
Halcyon Figured Walnut/Sitka AJ

New items posted For Sale naturally float to the top of Page One.
Older/sold items provide good historical data for pricing, as they are searchable in the Forum database.

Easy to see the reasoning behind both points of view, but having the historical perspective on pricing wins the day for me.  And don't forget, in either case, you can always filter the results to include only ads withn a certain tine frame.javascript:void(0);

I'm with Queequeg. :thumb    I like the historical data.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Never thought of the historical perspective. I was only looking at the number of bumps and frequency. Thanks
Larrivee L03R Hunt For Spruce
Halcyon New Guiena/Sitka SJ
Halcyon Figured Walnut/Sitka AJ

Historical data is important but I've noticed a lot of advertisers remove the asking price and I'm sure that none of them post the final sales price. I suppose if you were really curious you could send a PM and ask the seller on a one-to-one basis.

Good idea to keep the history, though. Thanks for the clarification.

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

I prefer to clean up old adds.  This kind of historical data is more often not the best indicator of true value--especially over the last five years.

I know it is something I am guilty of failing to do, but it'd be nice if ads were marked SOLD or NO LONGER FS, or something.

ed

Quote from: eded on February 03, 2014, 07:24:29 AM
, but it'd be nice if ads were marked SOLD or NO LONGER FS, or something.

ed
It's something already requested in Marketplace Rules and for the most part is followed by the membership
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 03, 2014, 07:42:54 AM
It's something already requested in Marketplace Rules and for the most part is followed by the membership

Oops, so I have just publicly admitted to breaking the forum rules?  D'Oh!

:whistling:

Ed