Lancasters avaialble

Started by headsup, January 30, 2014, 07:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Noticed; Notable Guitars have 2 Lancasters in stock, both look lovely.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I have a lefty on order - completion date probably sometime in March/April. Left-handed, Shoreline Gold, maple board, white guard and pup covers, SSH. Matthew said it will be the only lefty built with this body style.

Matthew said they're changing the body style to a standard Strat shape due to lots of customer requests ... so like the Bakersfield, it will nearly be a clone of the Fender (including the headstock, I think - the Lancaster's will be more 'Stratty'). Don't know if they had any at NAMM or not... haven't seen any news about Larry electrics from NAMM.

Those are good prices! And that lefty single pickup RS-2 beneath them is very cool, too!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 30, 2014, 04:20:43 PM

Matthew said they're changing the body style to a standard Strat shape due to lots of customer requests ... so like the Bakersfield, it will nearly be a clone of the Fender (including the headstock, I think - the Lancaster's will be more 'Stratty').
Interesting news here Mike!! I was hoping for that.

Here is the direct link to Notable
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

FWIW, I much preferred their original style.  I guess you cant please everyone, and if they sell more guitars in the 'more strattish' shape, then by all means.  Im excited for you Mikeymac, cant wait to see yours when you get it.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: bacchus on January 31, 2014, 08:45:09 AM
FWIW, I much preferred their original style.  I guess you cant please everyone,
:? Have you seen the new style  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 02, 2014, 12:00:40 PM

I don't think anyone's seen it yet - don't even know if any have been built yet. Haven't heard that there were any at NAMM.

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 02, 2014, 10:42:33 PM
I don't think anyone's seen it yet - don't even know if any have been built yet. Haven't heard that there were any at NAMM.
Not sure either, but now confused how one could prefer the previous version without seeing the latest  :?

Im just saying that based on this statement from Mikeymac: "Matthew said they're changing the body style to a standard Strat shape..."  Of course I've not seen it yet and I may be surprised.  Nothing against the standard strat shape - it's a classic for a reason, I just like something a little different.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

The amber coloured Lancaster in the picture looks great. The style to me looks like a cross between a Fender Strat and the 1980's RS-4's. Too bad there isn't a side shot. It looks like the guitar would be relatively thin. Very nice looking ride.
Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"

I'd be happy with either shape, I think. Would love to add a Larrivee "Strat" to the stable.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

I have to say, I kinda think it's a mistake on their part, just because you already have so many companies already making really nice strat copies.  I could see it if it was a really ugly / cumbersome body shape that they really shouldn't have made int he first place, but that isn't the case.  It's familiar yet unique, and perhaps most importantly, it's kinda historical for them, right?  Makes me sad to see them give up on that in favor of the ubiquitous "S-shape".

My first impression of the Lancaster was that it was very blocky looking. Could have used some refinement. Just smooth the lines a bit. Not sure they have to go standard Strat style, just a bit less square. However, I'm still in the camp that I'd play either version if/when I could. If Matthew is paying as much attention to the Lancaster as he did to developing the Bakersfield, this has got to be just one of The Best Strat-ishes out there.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

I have seen the wood bodies for the new style.  I have to say, they're some really nice swamp ash.

Quote from: tulk1 on February 05, 2014, 07:54:47 AM
My first impression of the Lancaster was that it was very blocky looking. Could have used some refinement. Just smooth the lines a bit. Not sure they have to go standard Strat style, just a bit less square.

However, I'm still in the camp that I'd play either version if/when I could. If Matthew is paying as much attention to the Lancaster as he did to developing the Bakersfield, this has got to be just one of The Best Strat-ishes out there.

I'm not sure what you would end up with if you tried to find a "happy medium" between the Lancaster design they came up with and the original Strat body - it seems like a happy medium would pretty much be a mushy mess with no distinction whatsoever - it would look like a bloated Strat.

Just my personal taste, but I like the distinct lines of the horns and that fact that it echoes Larrivee's previous electrics from the 80's - without looking like a shred machine (I didn't see any hot pink, neon yellow or lime green ones...).

They SO should make a day-glo-green Lancaster.  And ship it in a case lined with pink and black leopard spotted spandex. 

Quote from: madoclake on February 03, 2014, 02:40:39 PM
The amber coloured Lancaster in the picture looks great. The style to me looks like a cross between a Fender Strat and the 1980's RS-4's. Too bad there isn't a side shot. It looks like the guitar would be relatively thin. Very nice looking ride.

The amber does look great.  What do you think of this puppy?  Looks like she's ready for a neck with a maple fingerboard.    :smile:

Quote from: Bard on February 07, 2014, 09:28:38 PM

The amber does look great.  What do you think of this puppy?  Looks like she's ready for a neck with a maple fingerboard.    :smile:

That pic definitely looks like it was taken at Oxnard ... fess up, Bard!

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 08, 2014, 09:11:03 AM
That pic definitely looks like it was taken at Oxnard ... fess up, Bard!

Hehe.  It sure was.  It has been on order for notable.  We didn't realize it wasn't complete yet.  I called Oxnard with a few questions.  I figured while I had them on the line, I'd see if they could send me a pic.   :smile:

That trans red lancaster should be in my hands soon enough.

That's giving me gas for the one I ordered...  :drool: