Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Link needed  (Read 1007 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »

If anyone can direct me to the link of the most wonderful Interview between Matt Larrivee and David Wren @ NAMM several years ago around the R & D of the current RS4 I would appreciate it.

Is it somewhere in this forum?
A wonderful read as I recall, and it was the reason why I called Chuck Baker in Vancouver and had him ship my first RS4 to me. (after verifying ML pick-ups).

thanks.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »

The following is an interview of Matthew Larrivee conducted by David Wren at the 2009 Winter NAMM Show. The topic was Larrivee's new pickups and the RS-4 electric guitars.  Dave was with the "12th Fret" at the time and the interview was originally posted there.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   crying   
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »

Thank-You!   
This really speaks to what a wonderful & dedicated  family whose name graces our beloved guitars.

Like over 50?

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »

Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   crying    

I'd love to sit around with a beer and pass our respective guitars back and forth and compare notes. I've yet to play one with lollars, I understand they are simply awesome, and of course would be. I was just astounded by what lengths Matt went to, when he was researching pick-ups thats all. And I just LOVE the quote about them watching TV after supper with ma & pa on the dining room table and the whack whack what of the pick up winder. Ya a weird reason to buy a guitar but it worked for me.

Like over 50?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »

I'd love to sit around with a beer and pass our respective guitars back and forth and compare notes. I've yet to play one with lollars, I understand they are simply awesome, and of course would be. I was just astounded by what lengths Matt went to, when he was researching pick-ups thats all. And I just LOVE the quote about them watching TV after supper with ma & pa on the dining room table and the whack whack what of the pick up winder. Ya a weird reason to buy a guitar but it worked for me.

That would be a gas! I'd love a chance to compare guitars and pups. Hidecki the Hideous, my LT-1, is one of those guitars that has one of Jean's hand wound pups. It's a screamer. Love that little beast. You must have one or two of those yourself. 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »

Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   crying   

Matthew will make you a set if you want to switch them out. I've bought two aftermarket sets of Larrivee humbuckers (one with covers, one with ivory/cream bobbins) for a couple non-Larrivee guitars. You could probably just about cover the cost by selling the Lollars.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »

Matthew will make you a set if you want to switch them out. I've bought two aftermarket sets of Larrivee humbuckers (one with covers, one with ivory/cream bobbins) for a couple non-Larrivee guitars. You could probably just about cover the cost by selling the Lollars.

I've sent Matt a PM and we'll see what he has to say. I don't think I'd sell the Lollars, however. I have other guitars that wouldn't suffer from an upgrade on the humbuckers.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:29:20 PM »

I've sent Matt a PM and we'll see what he has to say. I don't think I'd sell the Lollars, however. I have other guitars that wouldn't suffer from an upgrade on the humbuckers.

How true, how true.  +1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: