Link needed

Started by headsup, January 16, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If anyone can direct me to the link of the most wonderful Interview between Matt Larrivee and David Wren @ NAMM several years ago around the R & D of the current RS4 I would appreciate it.

Is it somewhere in this forum?
A wonderful read as I recall, and it was the reason why I called Chuck Baker in Vancouver and had him ship my first RS4 to me. (after verifying ML pick-ups).

thanks.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   :crying:   

Like over 50?

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 16, 2014, 08:28:13 AM
Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   :crying:    

I'd love to sit around with a beer and pass our respective guitars back and forth and compare notes. I've yet to play one with lollars, I understand they are simply awesome, and of course would be. I was just astounded by what lengths Matt went to, when he was researching pick-ups thats all. And I just LOVE the quote about them watching TV after supper with ma & pa on the dining room table and the whack whack what of the pick up winder. Ya a weird reason to buy a guitar but it worked for me.
Like over 50?

Quote from: headsup on January 16, 2014, 08:48:42 AM

I'd love to sit around with a beer and pass our respective guitars back and forth and compare notes. I've yet to play one with lollars, I understand they are simply awesome, and of course would be. I was just astounded by what lengths Matt went to, when he was researching pick-ups thats all. And I just LOVE the quote about them watching TV after supper with ma & pa on the dining room table and the whack whack what of the pick up winder. Ya a weird reason to buy a guitar but it worked for me.

That would be a gas! I'd love a chance to compare guitars and pups. Hidecki the Hideous, my LT-1, is one of those guitars that has one of Jean's hand wound pups. It's a screamer. Love that little beast. You must have one or two of those yourself.  :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 16, 2014, 08:28:13 AM
Yep that was a great read the first time around. But it makes me sad because I jumped on the RS-4 bandwagon early and all I have in mine are those darn "commercially available boutique pickups". Makes me want one of the newer models with Matt's babies.   :crying:   

Matthew will make you a set if you want to switch them out. I've bought two aftermarket sets of Larrivee humbuckers (one with covers, one with ivory/cream bobbins) for a couple non-Larrivee guitars. You could probably just about cover the cost by selling the Lollars.

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 16, 2014, 01:32:36 PM
Matthew will make you a set if you want to switch them out. I've bought two aftermarket sets of Larrivee humbuckers (one with covers, one with ivory/cream bobbins) for a couple non-Larrivee guitars. You could probably just about cover the cost by selling the Lollars.

I've sent Matt a PM and we'll see what he has to say. I don't think I'd sell the Lollars, however. I have other guitars that wouldn't suffer from an upgrade on the humbuckers.

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 16, 2014, 03:13:21 PM
I've sent Matt a PM and we'll see what he has to say. I don't think I'd sell the Lollars, however. I have other guitars that wouldn't suffer from an upgrade on the humbuckers.

How true, how true.  :+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992