Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Em Shorts - Larrivee Dealer  (Read 4411 times)
stevelawsn

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 11:25:16 PM »

Thanks, Rob. Does Andy's have a mailing list that I could get on for blems, or other specials?  

Larrivee D-03 (1997 model)
Larrivee LS-05
Larrivee 00-05
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2004, 02:02:23 AM »

1st--1954Gold there is no marking or special sr #.Yes Gibson used to stamp the guitar with a 2 or the word second.Larrivee doesn't,they have records in ther computer's of there blems.They Trust there dealer's to inform there customer's.
2nd--Not all dealers offer blem's at the discount we do....To each there own I'm not knocking them them I just saying what we do period.Again thesestatments my p[iss someone off but I can only deal one way and that's strait up.So this means if someone wants to offer adeal that's there right,if Ican meet it I will if I can't I'm the first person to say go for it--I've done this for a formite or 2 and you know who you are.It's not meant to be rude,it's just what I do.
3rd--Steve no mailing list,you can go to our website I post what guitars are blem's or factory 2nd...I asked them if I could advertize the fact that's it's a blem and I was trold it's ok.I've got a bunch of new old stock that I'm blowing out I once posted this list in the classified section but I piss a store off they complained for the best of his health and I truly am glad he started this site Zack had to remove it but that was a long time ago.Thanks for all your wonderful work on this site Zack.You can go to our ad in Vintage Guitars mag to see our list or check our website or email me at my personal email address list here in my profile.If I got I'll quote a price{I only ask that you don't use these prices againts any other deal we can't keep beating each other up and stay in bussiness.}
There are some wonderful dealers out there,personally I like Dave at Guitaradoptions.helped me out once and he is a real gentleman.No favorites on my part.I refer to a select group of dealers around the country those that people have told me about and those I believe are good people.Now I'm just getting out there sorry.Guitars are a pasion to me,not just my job and those that understand that passion get my vote.
Now I'll get off my soap box.Steve you got my # give me a call I'll let you know what I've got in stock.For that matter anyone can call me for my help,prices or just say Bugger off fool. B)  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004, 02:17:42 AM »

PS: I post here not as a dealer but a proud Larrivee owner.I've have played guild's since 1969 and Larrivee is the first guitar in all these years that I've added to my toy's because ther great playing and wonderfully toneful guitars.As I tell everone and can buy any guitars I want new or vintage and this is the only guitar I believe worth owning.Just ask teh people here how I feel about Taylor{not putting them down just making a point please don't hate me} B)  

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
1954Gold

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004, 03:08:14 AM »

I am new here.. what is your website url?? I will check it when I am in the market again. When Guild was in Hoboken they made fine guitars, but fell on hard times and wound up bought by Fender. Not sure what the deal is today. IMHO, all manufacturers should their stamp seconds accordingly, both for retail to original owners and the aftermarket. Yes, the Larrivee sings, what I don't understand is why they ship with the Elixirs.. what a difference with the Martin PB Meds.
chad c

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 06:11:20 AM »

I just bought an L-05 my first Larrivee this thing is great.  I bought it from EM Shorts got a blemished one for $875 funny thing is i cant find the blemish, and it was a discount they normally sell them for $1100 i think(he offered both).  They did a custom setup before it went out and just provided great service, I would highly recomend.    
Zach
Admin

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2004, 06:40:40 AM »

unclrob's site is www.andysguitars.com

Zach
Fingertwister

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2004, 10:55:59 AM »

Bought a blem 00 05 from Guitaradoptions not long since (you need a magnifying glass to find the mark), & would be amazed if it's a second, it sounds great - paid 999 instead of 1950 & reckon I got a real bargain.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2004, 03:19:27 PM »

Silly isn't it I have a hard time finding them myself.As for all man. marking there guitar's these day's the end user would be screwed big time and with Larrivee's there is no need to.Gotta love these blem's.I own 2 myself.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
1954Gold

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2004, 03:57:15 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=2385

Looks like EM has a used D-03 on Ebay.
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 05:19:13 PM »

I seem to recall that Larrivee didn't let blems out of the factory.  Was there a change?  I recall distinctly seeing a video on the Larrivee website of someone slamming a new guitar against the wall of the factory because "this is what we do with seconds."

E. Shoaf
Mike S

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2004, 05:38:11 PM »

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give a nod to Jason Brantley at Notable Guitar(www.noteableguitars.com). Great prices and Jason gives amazing customer service. It sounds like we've got a lot of good dealers to choose from!

Mike

Michael K

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 07:36:25 PM »

I've bought several Guitars from Shorts over the years, going as far back as 1978.  They are unbeatable on price, however their walk-in service has deteriorated over the years.  I think it has suffered in favor of their online business.  But their first price they shoot you is usually better than anybody's and then they will match if it's not.

Michael

2003 Rosewood/Spruce Parlor
Fisherman

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2004, 08:20:36 PM »

PS: I post here not as a dealer but a proud Larrivee owner.I've have played guild's since 1969 and Larrivee is the first guitar in all these years that I've added to my toy's because ther great playing and wonderfully toneful guitars.As I tell everone and can buy any guitars I want new or vintage and this is the only guitar I believe worth owning.Just ask teh people here how I feel about Taylor{not putting them down just making a point please don't hate me} B)
Hey Unclrob, you sound like a top bloke to me. I appreciate your honesty. ;)  
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2004, 08:43:51 PM »

Fisherman no other way to be :D  

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
APG

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 02:39:12 AM »

I got my 00-09 from Shorts for $1150, which was a pretty good deal.  The reason for the discount was the factory had one left at the time with a gloss neck and they were switching over to satin necks.
LittleBrother

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 08:28:27 AM »

I love Dave at adoptions but if I was considering another dealer it would be EM shorts too. They have a few good folks that know guitars and I havent seem an unhappy customer yet. Alot of confidence in them. Of course there are a few dealers that stand out like these.

Nathan "Riffdaddy" on HC forum works there and he is very customer oriented from what I've seen.

Just giving another thumbs up to both dealers...

Check out my new blues site WEB SITE with free acoustic blues lesson videos and more.
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2004, 01:19:53 PM »

:D I'll kick in with my two cents worth. I was very happy with my purchase from EM Shorts in January with my purchase of my Tacoma EKK19C. They were about $250 less than the next cheapest price for a first run guitar, with no haggling.

I got my Larrivee OM9 at Cathedral Music in Troy, NY, for a very good price. You might check out Klem's web site at http://www.cathedralmusic.com, he basically lists his inventory and prices, no pictures. Small shop, good guy.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: