B-Band failure

Started by kenhan, January 17, 2014, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi.

I have a OEM B-Band in my ca. 2005 LV-03R. The pickup used to work, but is not anymore. It is not outputting any signal. Has anyone experienced B-Band failing? Any advice as to how to diagnose / fix the problem? Thanks.

You may have tried these already but have you tried a new battery, new cable, checked everything in the signal chain?
Chris

Yes, tried with a new battery, several cables (all work with another guitar).

I was never happy with its sound, but at least it worked. Now that it isn't, I'm wondering about just removing the whole thing and replacing with LR Baggs' Lyric, for example. Then I'll somehow have to deal with the gaping hole left where the preamp is. Perhaps round it off and turn it into a sound port?

Quote from: kenhan on January 17, 2014, 01:26:34 PM
Yes, tried with a new battery, several cables (all work with another guitar).

I was never happy with its sound, but at least it worked. Now that it isn't, I'm wondering about just removing the whole thing and replacing with LR Baggs' Lyric, for example. Then I'll somehow have to deal with the gaping hole left where the preamp is. Perhaps round it off and turn it into a sound port?

My fishman that was supplied with my 1999/2000 L-03 went south.  I took out the preamp and have still yet to bother finishing off the hole.  I actually like having that sound in my face now!  But the workmanship by Larrivee on cutting the original hole was quite disappointing, I must say and have said here before.  Don't be surprised to see a non-uniform hole looking at you after you remove the preamp.  I've often thought about just finishing mine off with a section of tubing split along it's length, cut to perimeter of the hole.  No real need to do it, so haven't gone there yet.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

There have been a few threads addressing this issue. I'm assuming you have the UST (under saddle transducer), if so email B-Band and they will send you a new transducer.

I have the A-2.2 model with the UST and the AST (acoustic soundboard transducer) with mixing and volume control inside the sound hole, my UST stopped working and they sent me a new one free of charge stating that they had a bad batch of UST's. Others here on the forum have done the same, they are a very reputable company that stands behind their product.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Thanks! I'll contact B-Band and see what they say.

here's the contact info
be sure to send them the model number, date purchased, etc.
they are very good about this stuff.

Pekka Rintala
B-Band, Inc.
2009 Ranch Road 620 North¸ #820
Austin, TX 78734
Tel. (512) 266-3820, Fax (512) 266-7203
Cell (818) 601-0129
pekka@b-bandusa.com   www.b-band.com
Join B-Band on Facebook
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Thanks for the contact info. I contacted them via their website contact form but have not heard from them yet. I'll try via the info you provided. I appreciate it!

Well, it's been a several days, but they have yet to reply my 2 emails. It's a little disappointing.

I would phone them.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"