A noob bringing doughnuts

Started by zestystrat, December 24, 2013, 07:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello! I'm a noob to the forum, so doughnuts for all!

Hopefully I'm the first with that joke, if not move on to the awesome Doughnuts (I brought enough for everyone):

These guys are my favorite doughnut shop in the area. If you are in Atlanta and don't mind driving up north a few miles, their dn's are unbelievable. I have absolutely no affiliation, just impressed every time I go there.

Anyway, I'm a longtime mainly electric player and decided I needed a quality acoustic. I've got a little Zesty on the way and am buying a house so my budget is tight. Among all of the great things I read about them, Larrivee's kept coming up as a best bang for your buck. Obviously that's a deciding factor for me.

Anyway, happy to be here and have a great holiday!
Check out My Funk/Soul/Jam band on: Facebook, Twitter, or our website.

:welcome: zestystrat

Thanks for the  :donut :donut2  :winkin:

Check out our electric board as well as Larrivee is a whole lot more than just Acoustic

Looking forward to your posts

:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Welcome and thanks for the donuts!  I'll take one of each  :smile:

What Larrivee acoustic are you thinking of getting, or did you already seal the deal for one?

Welcome and thanks for the donuts of all kinds.  :cheers 

Quote from: Strings4Him on December 24, 2013, 08:29:04 AM
Welcome and thanks for the donuts!  I'll take one of each  :smile:

What Larrivee acoustic are you thinking of getting, or did you already seal the deal for one?

Enjoy the d-nuts!

I was talking to someone about a L-03, but we couldn't get it done.

I'm open to other styles. I've been focused on the electric side I think I need some advice on what style would fit what I need it to do.

I like to play fingerstyle, playing fat jazz chords, some strumming and lead (and slide) - and not a huge neck.  No idea what style lends itself to all that.

I'm open to suggestions.

Hard to go wrong with a Larrivée L body.  :thumb

Quote from: ducktrapper on December 24, 2013, 09:22:26 AM
Hard to go wrong with a Larrivée L body.
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Since you're accustomed to playing an electric you might want to consider a smaller bodied guitar, such as a parlor or OO model.

I have a few crappy dreds and I think I'd like something a little smaller....not too much tho.

Hello and thanks for the dnuts, the sweet ones.
Quote from: zestystrat on December 24, 2013, 03:10:27 PM
I have a few crappy dreds and I think I'd like something a little smaller....not too much tho.

Sounds like you should try an OM. I know I'd like to.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on December 24, 2013, 08:47:18 PM
Hello and thanks for the dnuts, the sweet ones.
Sounds like you should try an OM. I know I'd like to.

Agreed, after a doing some reasearch, I think that's what I'd be happy with. Maybe a 14 fret with a spruce top, RW body and I'm good.

Good, Breakfast!  Thanks for the Donuts and  :welcome:
Larrivee OM-03MT
Eastman AC322ce
Eastman AC222ce
Eastman PCH3-CO
Art & Luthirie legacy 12 bourbon burst cw qit
Guild D140ce SB
Orangewood Sage Mahogany AE