Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom A3 processor/DI/modeler/EQ  (Read 1764 times)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »

I'm a recent fan of Zoom's stomp boxes/amp simulations - we use a Zoom B3 at church for a consistent and reliable week-to-week sound going to our FOH mixer from whomever the bass player is that week.  I liked the B3 so much, that when I went shopping for a multi-fx/amp simulation unit for my electric, I made sure I checked out Zoom (thought I was going to buy a Vox Tonelab) - I ended up with the Zoom G5.

There's a new unit aimed at acoustic players:  the Zoom A3.  Recently reviewed in Premier Guitar magazine:  http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19922-zoom-a3-review

I've a K+K Mini Pure Western in my L-03, and I've not found an ideal impedance/EQ match for it that didn't seem overpriced.  I'm thinking the A3 might be just the ticket.  It has two inputs, one for your direct input an another for a mic - you can blend them, etc.

Unlike other '3' series devices from Zoom, this one does not function as an audio interface over USB.

I'm keeping my eye on this one as a potential mate to the K+K.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:21:10 AM »

It's been almost a year since this was posted and with no replies, but I'm wondering if any forum members have tried one of these?

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: