Who bought it?

Started by 1esotericguy, December 14, 2013, 03:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay. Which one of us bought it?  It went for more than I thought it would.
I'm talking about the forum v, but not a forum v rs4 that was on eBay. 

http://bit.ly/1cIYEjG

Luvly indeed!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

That's the same gent that was selling unwarranted new Larrivees some time ago,  no? Not at all surprised at the selling price.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I lusted over that guitar a time or two. Definitely a beauty.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: broKen on December 14, 2013, 07:01:08 PM
That's the same gent that was selling unwarranted new Larrivees some time ago,  no? Not at all surprised at the selling price.

You're right, I wondered where he went off to. I got one of his guitars and guessed it was the closest thing Larrivee unofficially had as a factory seconds. . .
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

That looks identical to the Forum V's, except the pic with the serial number doesn't show the decal on the back of the headstock.  I wonder what this is.  Nonetheless, someone just scored a sweet guitar, those neck minis are just wicked.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: bacchus on December 17, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
That looks identical to the Forum V's, except the pic with the serial number doesn't show the decal on the back of the headstock.  I wonder what this is.  Nonetheless, someone just scored a sweet guitar, those neck minis are just wicked.
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I have a Forum V (#10) that I'd let go for that price.  That one wasn't a Forum V though.  Looks like the same color, and it has a neck-mini, but the Forum V's didn't have the doo-dad on the headstock and had a different label on the back of the headstock.

Doh.  Just realized I said almost the exact same thing that bacchus said two posts above.  Oops!

Quote from: lang on December 17, 2013, 05:39:57 PM
Doh.  Just realized I said almost the exact same thing that bacchus said two posts above.  Oops!

They were different enough, I'll allow it  :tongue:
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Yes, and an interesting sign of the times.
the first time this guitar was up for auction, there was 4 bids and it sold for over $1,700.00

this time (same guitar) has a starting bid of $1,599.00 and there was no bids first time around.
It's been relisted. No question it's a beauty, and tempting, alas, our CDN dollar is taking a beating, add taxes and duty and it's way outa my league...
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on February 11, 2014, 08:09:24 AM
Yes, and an interesting sign of the times.
the first time this guitar was up for auction, there was 4 bids and it sold for over $1,700.00

this time (same guitar) has a starting bid of $1,599.00 and there was no bids first time around.
It's been relisted. No question it's a beauty, and tempting, alas, our CDN dollar is taking a beating, add taxes and duty and it's way outa my league...

I dunno....first time, iced tea, this time brown.  First time, California, this time Florida.  Listing ended. 

nope it was the same guitar, same serial number, I checked the old listing.
listing is still active.
serial number 119986, tea burst, I suspect the person bought, changed their mind and is now set to lose $150.00 on it, even used the same pics as the original listing.....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...