Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckham Guitar Australia  (Read 991 times)
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2009, 03:05:34 AM »

Hello again, these are pics of a little known guitar made in Australia called 'Buckham Guitars'. It is made of 'Blackwood' and has a wonderful tone. Met Mr Buckham himself, which was a highlight of my tour. Hope you like it
cheers
fongie

[attachment deleted by admin]
teh
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »

Thanks for the pictures and broadening my horizons. That guitar on the left looks like it would shake the paint off the walls. Most of the builders I have met are pretty down to earth and both excited and willing to talk about their work.

I discovered a mandolin builder about 20 miles from my hometown who does great work too. He sells his mandolins through Elderly Instruments. Check it out.

http://www.stivermandolins.com/photos.htm

TEH

Larrivee Parlor Flamed Maple
Larrivee LV-03 12 string w/ Mahogany Top 
Martin D-35 Shade Top
Martin OM-35 Sunburst
Martin 000-18 custom w/3 piece mahogany back, 12 fret slotted headstock
Martin Backpacker w/Nashville tuning
Oahu Square Neck
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »

Thanks for that Teh. Truely my admiration to these guys who go out in this tough world of instrument building and create their own. I'm glad you like this guitar Teh, it is very nice indeed. This guy Bucham, is from a small town on the coast of NSW, Australia. Very nice gentleman indeed.
cheers
fongie
Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »

Very nice indeed - more slavering over guitar pics! There are so many good makers in the world - it's just a question of finding them and trying out their wares.
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »

Very nice indeed - more slavering over guitar pics! There are so many good makers in the world - it's just a question of finding them and trying out their wares.

So true Will, as an Aussie and living not so far from where these Buckham guitars were made, I have never heard of him nor these guitars until the show. It's good to know these guys.
cheers
fongie
woodrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:08:43 AM »

Hi Fongie and others....I was surprised to see this post as I Googled my name to show a friend a Youtube video of a  guitar that I had recently delivered...so I thought that I would say Hi. That was the Brisbane guitar show in 2009  at the Town Hall in Brisbane.  I have continued on in the lutherie game despite the fact that it is a hard way to make a living...I have made many guitars since then and have been at it for 7 years now....if anyone is traveling North from Sydney or South from Brisbane and would like to play one of my guitars I am only 10 minutes out of your way off the Pacific Hwy at the roundabout and service centre/Maccas between Port Macquarie and Wauchope...,

Here are a few links to some of the guitars that I have made since those ones in the thread.....

http://www.anzlf.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4699

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1cV7hELqY

Cheers

John Buckham

Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »

My dream would be to have one guitar from every continent on earth.  Thanks for posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: