Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever seen one like this?  (Read 844 times)
GGBB

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »

I haven't.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/msg/4061635814.html

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:44 PM »

Well not exactly, my guess it was a one of a kind paint job on a slightly modified LS-04. They were doing lots of crazy stuff back then!!

Great deal BTW somebody buy this. Or if not interested and you are from Vancouver I will send you the $ to hold it for me  blush

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »

I'm all over, details will follow.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

Ad was taken down some time around 8am this morning (EDT) - I think (or earlier).  Did you get it?

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 01:01:53 PM »

Ya, I hooked up with the owner, real nice guy, plays bass in a gypsy/Klezmer band.
He delivered it to Chuck Baker, at Rufus Guitar shop in Vancouver, who I worked with in Montreal in the early seventies, (when we started selling JCL guitars).
I suspect it's on it's way to me presently.
 here's a couple other shots I requested from the seller. A very curious eighties custom Larrivee for sure.

Like over 50?

GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »

Congrats!  Do you think it really is a factory custom or was modified and repainted after manufacture?

That flame on the back of the neck looks really nice BTW - I'm guessing it was quarter-sawn.

Gord

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

I'm having Chuck look it over closely in Vancouver, knowing him, he'll probably put a call in to Jean, or John Jr.
if it IS the factory paint job, I'll leave it, if not, well, I'm gonna have a bit of fun...
details to posted as they come my way. Thanks for posting the link btw, I kinda like the weird off beat different guitars.

Like over 50?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: