larrivee Rs-2

Started by ZOVANOU, October 10, 2013, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would appreciate info re neck profile on Rs-2 considering  Rs-2 single pup it is new
cant  find  one to  play  in NYC . is it closer of gibby  50s rounded or the  60s slim
thank you 

If you can't find an RS-2, it would be worth you while to find an acoustic L or D, and play that. While it's not certain to be identical, it will give a good indication of "ballpark".

I have an RS-2 and and L (photos below) and the necks are VERY similar. This is why when I picked up the electric, it was instant affection for me. They are wider at the nut than a Gibson or Fender, but shallower in depth than a beefy neck would be. The result is that it doesn't feel "thinner" as a 60's profile would, but it does feel different.

Hard to describe, and one reason why, in my view, people love or leave 'em.

I lent my RS-2 to a small female friend, thinking she'd love it due to the neck, the weight, and the belly cut, as standard guitars are often just too cumbersome for her. Her feedback was the neck was "too big". I attribute this to the width, and not the depth.

I may have only succeeded in making this an even cloudier issue for you, I hope if nothing else, I've encouraged you to get your hands on a Larri neck.

These are fantastic guitars, and I hope you're able to find one that is too your liking.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: ZOVANOU on October 10, 2013, 12:13:51 PM
is it closer of gibby  50s rounded or the  60s slim
thank you  

gibby  50s rounded

Tio's counsel is bang on and the fretboard radius gives the RS a unique feel with a  12" non compound radius

Let us know how you fair
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I guess "to me" the Larrivee necks feel slimmer than a Gibson 50's, but maybe not as slim as a 60's neck, especially as you move up the neck. I have an RS-2 and an RS-4 - they're pretty close to each other.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992