Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS4 Spec's Larrivee Website  (Read 1911 times)
Devondrummer

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

Hi all, long time no speakey.
I went on to the Larrivee website to print myself a copy of the RS4 spec sheet purely to keep with my guitar. I noticed that the pickups are now listed as Larrivee rather than Lollars. Are there any other differences I should be aware of as mine was born on 4/11/08. Or is there somewhere I can print off the original spec sheet?
Also I feel I should announce to the world I am awaiting delivery of my new Bakersfield to me here in jolly old Blighty and I cannot wait.
Thanks friends.
Barry

Larrivee RS4, G&L Legacy, Sigma DM1ST, Larrivee Bakersfield (en route), Cornford Roadhouse 50.
Lots of drums.....
Devondrummer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »

Oh I nearly forgot......

Larrivee RS4, G&L Legacy, Sigma DM1ST, Larrivee Bakersfield (en route), Cornford Roadhouse 50.
Lots of drums.....
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »

Thanks for the 

Does yours have Lollar or Larrivee pickups? My RS-4 is from around Dec. '09 and it has Larrivee pickups in it - so they had already made the change by then. Also, there have been some tweaks of the specs on the Larrivee humbucking pickups used in the RS-4 - somewhere here there's a thread that notes those differences.

Also, recently some RS-4's were made with dot inlays on the fingerboard instead of the fancier ones that have been standard. These also sold for less $$ from what was reported around here. I don't know what the "official" specs are right now, and Larrivee doesn't keep their website very current. Case in point; they still show the old style electric Lancaster, but it's been changed, so that the body now had the traditional *Strat* shape. And they make a signature electric custom, called the Autschbach model but it only gets marketed to Europe, so it's not listed there, either...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Lots more info and pics of the Autschbach model at this page (most of the photos can be enlarged, too - awesome shots!).

http://larrivee-electrics.org/index.php/ct-menu-item-28/ct-menu-item-30

drool

Sadly, it's not *normally* available for order in the US - and with that offset bridge pickup, I doubt they'd make a lefty (I didn't see any pics of lefties).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Devondrummer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »

Hi. I have amended my initial post. Mine was born on 4/11/08 I checked out the date with Larrivee - not sure where I came up with it being three years old!. I think that makes it an early run of the RS4's - with the Lollars. To be honest I have never removed them to check.

Lots of drums.....
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »

Mike I thought the Autschbach model  was a one time limited run  

As far as the OP the RS4 specs should be the same except for the PUP's ( as you mentioned) and the tuners ( your's would be Schallers) that they switched to Klusons a few years back

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »

Mike I thought the Autschbach model  was a one time limited run  

You may be right about that, Andrew ... as I read the information on that website, he only mentioned one run of about 12 instruments. But that isn't very economical, is it - especially since Matthew designed and built an angled/slanted humbucker for the bridge position on that guitar. Seems like it would make sense to market them and sell as many as possible. While that guitarist may not have much of a following here, the specs for the guitar are interesting... 24.75 scale neck, and at least one of them only had 21 frets. Locking trem system, new headstock shape, the old style (80's) super strat body shape.

Not a cookie cutter design at all...  drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 02:01:19 AM »

Hi. I have amended my initial post. Mine was born on 4/11/08 I checked out the date with Larrivee - not sure where I came up with it being three years old!. I think that makes it an early run of the RS4's - with the Lollars. To be honest I have never removed them to check.

I think you're right - that one probably has Lollars.

Time for a string change so you can check!

Post pics when you can!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Devondrummer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »

Thanks for that. I will post some pictures soon, along with my Bakersfield when it arrives.
Interestingly on the main Larrivee site I found two spec sheets stating variously Schaller or Klusson tuners, and an Ebony or Rosewood headstock veneer. Also on the UK distributor website they are still listing Lollars ? Mine has the Ebony h/stock and I still assume Lollars. The case is a work of art too!
Anyway, they are fantastic guitars and I would not part with mine for all the tea in China.
Have a  and a  to be going on with until I post up my pic's.
Barry

Lots of drums.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: