Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Lancaster (new old style Lancaster ;) )  (Read 1063 times)
Bard

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:22:44 AM »

Here is my birthday present to myself.  I think the pics speak for themselves albeit from an ipad.
 :p

bigrin
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:45 AM »

nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar

WOW!!!  

Okay, now we need a full quality description (how do the trem and controls work, etc.) and a tone report! How's the balance between the 'bucker and the single coils? The one I have on order is HSS also (with an uncovered 'bucker at the bridge), so I'm curious.

+1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Steveareno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:49:04 AM »

Good score...and happy birthday! I like the position of the tone and volume knobs (the volume knob on strats is too close to the the pickups for me). Also looks like it's got the nice big Bakersfield style neck.
Swang on,  
Bard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:09 PM »

Alright, here's a quick report after being able to sit down with her for a bit. 

I'm not much of a trem user, but with how rock solid this one seems, I may be enticed into it.  The term slides in and out as snugly as you'd like.  The tone and volume knobs are equally buff especially with steel knobs.  The push/pull pot…again, top notch. solid solid solid

The bucker matches the neck single pretty closely on output level.  Believe it or not, the bucker is much more articulate than the single coil.  I actually wanted an SSS, but this H is really sweet.  There is a considered output drop off when splitting the bucker.  And, at least initially the split doesn't do it for my ear in pos. 4 or 5.

There is quack.  It's not a strat; it's its own thing.  The 4 position has a very compelling quacky sound with the humbucker.

I like the pos 3 N and B pickup combo.  Only position 1 is a true single coil.  Pos 5 with the push/pull up is a single but the current setups output makes it not very usable.  I don't think I'll change it (I reserve the right to change my mind. I'm just getting the feel of what this guitar and do  :winking:) because the combos with the hum bucker are pretty sweet!

That's my preliminary assessment. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: