Tube Amps... Fender, Traynor, Or...

Started by Andy, January 24, 2005, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteOn the subject, I have a Fender Hor Rod Delux I use and I was wondering if anyone has ever used any type of power soak with one of these to get cranked up tone.  This thing is pretty loud whdncranked and I can't do that most of the time.
I use a Weber Mass with my HRD.  It does a decent job.  However, you can only cut the volume so much, before you start losing tone.  I can get my volume up to about "4" on the HRD and have good tone, without being "too" loud.

http://www.webervst.com/mass.html

I have the Mass 50, since the HRD is a 40 watt amp.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

My warm recommendation goes to:
http://yorkville.com/products.asp?cat=18&i...&id=318&type=32
You simply can't go wrong with it for what you need. I use it with my Fender 50th AmDel, and it's amazing (+ it's little over half the price of a Hot Rod Deluxe).
Mike
OM-03R

Hey that looks nice.  The Fender is the church's and I am in the market for a similar beast.  I run a modified TS-9 for overdrive (done by analog man...this guy knows what he is doing as the pedal sounds awesome now).   I will read some reviews on the Traynor for sure.  The Fender's drive channel sucks in my opinion (hey I am a Marshall crunch guy from way back) so I only use the clean channel and run the pedals through that.  Works pretty well but the amp does indeed sound better if you can get it to 4 or so.  No way to do that in my church setting.  I am going to experimant with the 2 input as I assume one will be quieter.  I use a Les Paul with Dimarzio PAF's.  

hey, these custom valve 50's look like they cost more than the HRD.  Where do you see one for sale.  I could not find one on line, only the 40.

Mark,

If you're a Marshall crunch guy, you'll absolutely love this amp, believe me.
Well, here in Canada you can get an HRD for $1,500 Canadian, while the Traynor goes for 770...
You'll have to wait a few more weeks - I got it in November 2004, when Traynor issued an 'experimental series - it worked well above their expectations, so they will manufacture it again in February.
Mike
OM-03R

Has anyone used any Vox Valvetronix amp? I was listening to a pretty good electric player using the AD30, and the effects sounded great. Just curious. I was kinda diggin' it. :)  
Joe
D-03
L-03

Yeah, I have an AD30VT. Not a true tube amp, but it does use a tube preamp. Not for purists of course, but it's a great versatile amp and very reasonably priced. I like it a lot.

Thanks. I was thinking about getting that same model, and mike it into mixer/PA set up.  
Joe
D-03
L-03

just took the plunge and ordered a Reverend Goblin.  It won't ship until March, but I'll post a review when it arrives.

Thanks for all the input, and thanks to Andy for starting this thread   :D .
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Quotejust took the plunge and ordered a Reverend Goblin.  It won't ship until March, but I'll post a review when it arrives.

Thanks for all the input, and thanks to Andy for starting this thread   :D .
Wow Bing,
I want Goblins older brother, KingSnake.
Please do let us know how you like it.