Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some low sale prices on ebay Larrivees  (Read 3082 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »

There sure have been a lot of first time posters putting up their Larrivees in our FOR SALE section. All politics aside this economy is not doing very well. I have been in business for a long time and it is easy to see the trends.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:46 AM »

There sure have been a lot of first time posters putting up their Larrivees in our FOR SALE section. All politics aside this economy is not doing very well. I have been in business for a long time and it is easy to see the trends.

They post here because this is the Larrivee forum and the best place to sell a brand these days is on the brands forum.They go to ebay and see what people are selling stuff for and getting.So its best to sell it were there are people who might buy it.Ebay is were you go to sell it for whatever you can get for for it.This my get me in trouble but politics can't be set aside,stupidity rule's,my way or f*** off and die is the rule and they don't care.You make your own econonmy buy not livin large and as a self employed idiot I found that integrity and honour is all that counts.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »

Rob,
That's just hippie talk. 

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Donal

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 06:52:10 AM »

Glad to see this thread. I recently sold my Larrivee D-02 on ebay. I listed it here first and there was no interest. Really didn't want to go the ebay route, but needed the money. Listed it a couple times for what I consider a low price. Had plenty page views and watchers, but no bidders. Then changed the auction to a buy it now, for a really low price(IMO), and the auction to run 30 days. Again there was a huge amount of page views and a bunch of watchers. It finally sold to someone in California. By his feedback, he's really happy with the guitar. After ebay and paypal took their fees, and I took a hit by underestimating shipping costs, I did not come out real good. But you do what you gotta do. Hopefully I'll manage to stay away from ebay in the future. bigrin

Don.
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »

They post here because this is the Larrivee forum and the best place to sell a brand these days is on the brands forum.They go to ebay and see what people are selling stuff for and getting.So its best to sell it were there are people who might buy it.Ebay is were you go to sell it for whatever you can get for for it.This my get me in trouble but politics can't be set aside,stupidity rule's,my way or f*** off and die is the rule and they don't care.You make your own econonmy buy not livin large and as a self employed idiot I found that integrity and honour is all that counts.

And by having a skill set that folks are willing to pay for.  For example, you graduate from college with a liberal arts degree and tens of thousands in student loans, you're pretty much going to be stuck in deep do-do.  Now, graduate with a chemical engineering degree, and you can pretty much write your own ticket and buy as many guitars as you want.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »

I graduated in 1977 with a degree in art education,back then there wasn't a job opening in NY state until 1989.I worked while going to school and didn't owe anyone anything.I did have other skills though I could repair instruments and had no problem whoring  myself out by play guitar in bands that weren't cool for a "hippie  ".I played disco,soul,R+B and woked 6 nights a week for what was great money back then.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »

Since I've been here (4yrs) It has always seemed like first time posters often list guitars.  I basically agree that prices are down and the economy certainly still has its issues.  I had my CS-05 for sale at a guitar show recently and the best offer I got was $675 from a local shop owner.  I did however sell four instruments.  That said I have also sold quite a few instruments in the down economy for very fair prices. 

I've spent most of my working life in the construction industry riding up and down economies. 

Steve ....aka the SMan
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »

Glad to see this thread. I recently sold my Larrivee D-02 on ebay. I listed it here first and there was no interest.

I know what you mean.  I have had a Guild and Larrivee listed here and on the AGF since 4th of July.  (both 12-strings, and 12's move slower but still...)  A couple nibbles but so sale.  Both are listed for lower than they would go for on e-bay (having checked completed listings) but higher than I would get after e-bay fees.

Craigslist generates nothing but scam e-mails.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »

...except the economy is neither depressed or recessed.  And has not for several years now.  Just sayin - there has to be more to it.

There are places where the economy has picked back up but not in MI, I'm sure there are other states that are still suffering.  Just recently they were saying it would be 2018 (i think) before MI caught up with the rest of the country.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: