Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike ride music  (Read 10247 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »

Listened to "Stills Alone" today on my bike ride.  Hadn't listened to it in ages.  Just Stephen and his guitar.  I had forgotten how good of a player he is.
abalone at last

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:20:46 AM »

I like to listen to a newer Steve Winwood mix in my shuffle...this is a good one to pedal to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTFSdKciJc

2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »

I recently sold my old Bianchi because riding it was threatening my safety. Living on the side of a huge hill is not a great situation for bike riding especially on a bike with the old style under handle brake levers and gears shifts on the frame. One way is a little too much Wheeeee and the other way too much Ughhhhh. Looking forward to gettin back into it when we move. Oddly perhaps, because I listen to so much music and have a stereo pretty much in every room, on a bike is one place where I like the quiet.    
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »

This brought back a memory of riding out into the desert around Henderson, Nevada while listening to the U2 album Joshua Tree. The music just seemed to match the fast pace of the 12 speed and the surroundings.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:54:27 PM »

Here's a bike ride down memory lane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeuA3rzjXE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoAR-Bq4Y9vCSLacbhtiqgw
CycleBob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »

Nice to see other cyclists on the site. As my name implies (or maybe not) I am also a cyclist who started playing guitar as a nice way to balance my life. I don't  listen to music when road riding but will often listen while out on a rail trail as a rail trail tends to be an out and back ride with very little terrain variety.It helps break the monotony

Larrivee D03E
Larrivee OM-03MT
Martin D15M
Seagull S12 Plus
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »

nice

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: