Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Kind Of Pickup Should I Use  (Read 797 times)
BLWX2

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2004, 03:11:12 AM »

on my OM-03K?
I was wondering if a saddle pickup would mess up the acoustic sound.
I play at church and it is a small sanctuary and has good acoustics but sometimes there is background noise (children, some of them my grandkids). Also, if I do that do I need to get an acoustic amp? I have a Peavey transfex amp with all this special effect built in, so I guess I could make it sound like whatever I needed. Thanks

50's Kay archtop
early 60's Harmony Stratotone
Charvel 550CN
Martin C-2 archtop
OM-03K
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 03:26:54 AM »

Addind a pickup does nothing to the acoustic prop's of your  guitar.The Peavey is a nice amp I would worry about it.By the way those Om03Koas are very nice.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
BLWX2

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 03:47:23 AM »

Thanks unclrob. Do they make a mike that fits inside the guitar? Or is a saddle pickup fine?
You should see the back of this guitar, it is beautiful, I should figure how to play it backwards. I really like the sound of this one. I was wanting to get a Martin D and played this one and bought it right then.

50's Kay archtop
early 60's Harmony Stratotone
Charvel 550CN
Martin C-2 archtop
OM-03K
mjvincent

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 12:59:59 PM »

Thanks unclrob. Do they make a mike that fits inside the guitar? Or is a saddle pickup fine?
You should see the back of this guitar, it is beautiful, I should figure how to play it backwards. I really like the sound of this one. I was wanting to get a Martin D and played this one and bought it right then.
BLWX you will find many threads discussing the preferences for pickups and preamps.  I personally have put in a K&K pure western AST pickup and couldn't be happier.  I play in Church and use a Raven PMB1 as a preamp.

Here is a thread from a previous group discussion on pickups and preamps...

http://www.larriveeforum.com/forums/index....ct=ST&f=2&t=209

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 02:45:22 PM »

There are lot's of companies that make mic's for inside the guitar.Koamon who has beeb banish from this site by his wife has all sorts of stuff Mics sort of soften the UTS pickup maybe add's a bit of bass.He also uses some of the top mount tranducer's with his UTS run's it all thru a stereo blender sounds very nice and practical but I still like a mic out front lots less work for me and it show's my age.There are lots of people on this site with lots of diffeerent pickup's all playing in digfferent sit. hopefully they'll join in. B)  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: