"The patch"

Started by brandon, September 17, 2013, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is a great picture of the inside of a Larrivee guitar taken from their facebook page.

In the photo, you can see the patch that Larrivee puts on each guitar. This has sometimes come under question as to whether Larrivee is trying to cover up a blemish or if a previous owner may have damaged the guitar.

Just thought I'd pass this along as I remember in the recent past 2-3 people being concerned by this.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Great shot.  And for those seeing this for the first time, the purpose of the "patch" is to reinforce the side in case a barn-door style pickup preamp is installed.

Can anybody make out what is written on the side?  Something "... only."
Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active

Quote from: GGBB on September 17, 2013, 02:40:20 PM
Great shot.  And for those seeing this for the first time, the purpose of the "patch" is to reinforce the side in case a barn-door style pickup preamp is installed.

Can anybody make out what is written on the side?  Something "... only."

Thanks for adding that GGBB! It looks like "Thin Sr rope only" to me. It's hard to tell though.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: brandon on September 17, 2013, 02:44:50 PM
It looks like "Thin Sr rope only" to me. It's hard to tell though.

Or maybe "Thin Scrape only"?

I have no idea what either would mean.
Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active

And it's a lefty
Q:  How many guitars are enough?

A:  Just one more.