Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Walden CO2000  (Read 456 times)
sawdustdave

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »

I admit, when I first saw this guitar I wanted it. Its got a great look - the EIR back and sides (all solid) and the top was already amber-ing (new word, just coined it). And, it sounded good when I played it, and better when I listened to the salesman. Nice to hear it the way others hear it - from out front.

But, I've kept it cased, playing my Larrivee OM03D and my Martin JC16WE. I'd been considering selling it - even have it locally on CL. But Monday I pulled it out of the case and spent some time with her. (To me, guitars are female.) The neck is more narrow than my two good guitars, but that wasn't too bad. The sound is different. I played my Larry, which has really been opening up. The OM has this, well, "sound" that includes wood and spice, it seems. Deep, rich tone,  but not too much dark. Plenty of high end, too. My Martin, well, it's a Martin Jumbo. Sounds like you'd expect. Well rounded.

The Walden? Different. A tighter sound, less depth. But I'm hearing, perhaps, that she just needs a bit more lov'in. Different strings - I've got lights on now, maybe something more "medium". Also, I sense that there's some depth there, just not matured. I have had her for a couple of years, but have only (since my wife passed in Jan) played a lot. So she's sat most of the time. I'm thinking that her voice may soon blossom to match her looks.

Drat!  'Cause I was beginning to think another OM or OOO might be nice. But sometimes you don't know what you already have...

Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:43:37 AM »

Walden makes a great instrument for the price. I considered one when I was looking for a smaller bodied guitar but alas, I stumbled upon another Larrivee!

Spend more time bonding with her. 

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »

I never got to try that OM, but I've owned a G3030CE and still have a G2070  (both of the top of the range Supra Natura line)
Waldens are good guitars - enjoy yours.

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: