Kronbauerized...

Started by Zohn, September 04, 2013, 10:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was looking for an MJ (SJ) again. With me being so far away, shipping cost makes out a huge slice of the total price and always is a major consideration.

When this Sitka/Koa baby came my way I didn't think twice - I'm glad I didn't - it is simply an awesome hand built guitar...

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

That's a beauty! Congrats!
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Thank you guys!  :smile:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Beautiful guitar.  I like how the "redishness?" of the back and sides is carried forward in the top binding and rosette, if that makes any sense.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on September 05, 2013, 12:25:19 AM
Beautiful guitar.  I like how the "redishness?" of the back and sides is carried forward in the top binding and rosette, if that makes any sense.

Thanks :+1: and well spotted Kurt - I like the "simple is more" approach on this guitar.
Trevor actually uses Mahogany binding on the fretboard for a perfect match with the neck and the "toffee" colour of the tuner buttons.

Those are Mahogany strips together with the Maple binding on the rosette as well.

Workmanship is flawless and clean

Where do these Canadian builders get these awesome Sitka sound boards though? - in Canada of course!  :wink: