On the job with the Bakersfield

Started by tulk1, August 19, 2013, 10:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok first, no pics yet. Generally my wife does all the picture taking on the gigs. And she hasn't made it out.

Second --- holy moly!! What a guitar! I've never considered myself a "Tele Player". I've had many many fine Telecaster guitars. From Fender to G&L, and even a custom build. And they are all gone (well, not the custom build). But I've never had one that made me want to talk about it. And this one just makes me all giddy and talk-itty. Played it the last two Saturdays. After the gig last week I kept saying, "I really like this guitar!" After last night it was, "I REALLY like this guitar". It makes me play differently, for sure. Maybe the fact that it plays the easiest of all my guitars, the RS2 included, helps. Or it's just new. Not sure. But it's a complete joy to play. And so light I barely know it's around the neck. Should help in the chiropractor vein, for sure!! Pics when I get them. In the meantime, how about some Monday morning neat eats?

:donut  :donut2  :donut2
:donut :donut2 :donut
:coffee :coffee
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

I've had the pleasure of playing 3 different Bakersfield so far.By far the best tele style guitars I've played with the exception of the partscaster I've put together for myself and a couple for friends...just sayin. :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the donut breakfast, nice account, looking forard to pics. Anyone considering a Tele style guitar would be doing themselves a disservice not to try a Bakersfield - if they can find one tho I'm confident enough to recommend one site unseen but only if you want a Tele-style guitar
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

sorry kenny, sounds nice and all, but.....

Pics or didn't happen.

:humour:
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"