Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newer RS4's Question  (Read 6526 times)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »

My RS-4 case doesn't really fit either.  It has same issue that yours does, so it's not specific to the dot-rs-4's.  I am getting ready to do some traveling for work and am sick of not having a guitar when I do so, so I am thinking very seriously about bringing my beloved Forum V and hoping that they'll let me take it on as a carryon.  I need to do something about the wiggling around in the case first.
Hey Bacchus,
I'm presuming you and I have the same cases with our Forum V's.  I just went to test mine now as I hadn't really noticed an issue.  Yes it's true, mine does move around in there a little bit when I give the case a shake.  When I opened it up, the headstock doesn't go right to the end of the case, and it doesn't follow the body countours of the guitar perfectly.  There is a bit of a gap around the body, more on the bass side than the treble side.  Also, the void in the case is slightly deeper than the thickness of the guitar so it could maybe be squeezed in there a little tighter.  If I hold the case horizontally, and shake it in that plane, the guitar doesn't move much at all.  If I shake it "up and down" there is a little more movement.

However, in spite of all this, in my mind, I don't think it's a big issue.  The case is so well padded that I think it would take a tremendous blow or drop to damage the guitar inside.  Not saying that isn't a possibility, but such a blow might do damage to any guitar, even one that fits more precisely in it's case.  Just my opinion.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

WPete

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 04:13:15 AM »

Just saw on Notable Guitars facebook page that Jason's doing a special on his in stock "dot fretboard RS-4's" that is even lower priced than the original post in this thread - "repeating to myself - I do not need another RS-4..... do not need another RS-4......."  
Also he has an incoming 00-05  hogtop  " repeating to myself - do not need another 00.....do not need another 00...."

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »

Hey Bacchus,
I'm presuming you and I have the same cases with our Forum V's.  I just went to test mine now as I hadn't really noticed an issue.  Yes it's true, mine does move around in there a little bit when I give the case a shake.  When I opened it up, the headstock doesn't go right to the end of the case, and it doesn't follow the body countours of the guitar perfectly.  There is a bit of a gap around the body, more on the bass side than the treble side.  Also, the void in the case is slightly deeper than the thickness of the guitar so it could maybe be squeezed in there a little tighter.  If I hold the case horizontally, and shake it in that plane, the guitar doesn't move much at all.  If I shake it "up and down" there is a little more movement.

However, in spite of all this, in my mind, I don't think it's a big issue.  The case is so well padded that I think it would take a tremendous blow or drop to damage the guitar inside.  Not saying that isn't a possibility, but such a blow might do damage to any guitar, even one that fits more precisely in it's case.  Just my opinion.

Fair enough, and I agree that it really isn't a big deal, nothing I've ever really worried or had much reason to complain about.  I cant deny, though, that when I pick up the case by the handle, shift it to its side, and feel that little thud, I cringe a little bit. 

Regarding the dot-RS4's, if eliminating fretboard inlays and maybe the "creme de la creme" figured maple caps saves enough money to put them into what is really an exceptional price range, then by all means, put these wonderful guitars in more hands.  I do, however, kind of wonder whether those two things alone are enough to make up the cost difference.  I really wouldn't know.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »

We need Matthew to weigh in.
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »

We need Matthew to weigh in.

I would certainly agree.  Though I have to wonder whether getting directly involved in internet forum speculation is actually in the best interest of the company.  That could be a slippery slope.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »

I would certainly agree.  Though I have to wonder whether getting directly involved in internet forum speculation is actually in the best interest of the company.  That could be a slippery slope.
If Matthew weighs in it's no longer "internet forum speculation." It's accurate product information. 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ovaltine52

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »

Case issue.....

Well here's how I'm handling that:

http://www.monocreators.com/mono-vertigo.asp
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

Case issue.....

Well here's how I'm handling that:

http://www.monocreators.com/mono-vertigo.asp
Nice case!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 01:51:13 AM »

John Suhr frequently weighs in on the Suhr chat board. Matthew chimes in here from time to time. Have to agree with the Rev, it's no longer "forum speculation" when we hear it from Matthew. Hopefully he'll explain what's going on soon - if not here, then on their Facebook page.

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

John Suhr frequently weighs in on the Suhr chat board. Matthew chimes in here from time to time. Have to agree with the Rev, it's no longer "forum speculation" when we hear it from Matthew. Hopefully he'll explain what's going on soon - if not here, then on their Facebook page.

I definitely don't disagree, just wondering out loud.   

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: