OM-40R Road Trip Guitar

Started by JDS Guitar, August 08, 2013, 04:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 09, 2013, 10:59:05 AM
I would love to participate but not only am I presently a Canadian, in a couple of months I will hopefully be living in Mexico. Any chances for a Mexican leg of the journey?  :whistling: 

Sounds nice but no hockey in Mexico.  :ohmy:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 12, 2013, 07:17:21 AM
Soooo, what is the status of the Roadtrip - is the 40 Series now "out on the road"  :?
What's up? Did they decide not to make it or what :humour:

The road trip guitar, as I recall, was not up to snuff (QC issues) when it arrived from Larrivee and was returned, with the originator of the concept deciding not to become a dealer.

Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on November 02, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
The road trip guitar, as I recall, was not up to snuff (QC issues) when it arrived from Larrivee and was returned, with the originator of the concept deciding not to become a dealer.

OOPS, big time. Was something posted on the forum? If this is true it's like shooting yourself in the foot.  :ohmy:

That may very well have happened around the time that he also had to return an LS-03 Peruvian Walnut/Italian that had a QC issue(s) as well???   :crying:

:nice guitar
Quote from: dependan on November 02, 2013, 04:55:56 PM
OOPS, big time. Was something posted on the forum? If this is true it's like shooting yourself in the foot.  :ohmy:
:road trip??...peruvian walnut and moon spruce svp
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

40 series is in trouble.....first I heard aoubt it...go for 03 or 05..more guitar than 96 % can play ,,

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/37648718

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkiz_4EfKg0
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

I dunno...I went to the guys website....doesn't sell new guitars...only guitars on consignment.....and he currently has one guitar (a Tahoe....whatever the heck that is) in stock.

,,,maybe an 80 series would have been better...haven't seen alot of those...
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

Not sure what might have been wrong with it. Mine is as close to perfect as it gets. I see Spruce Tree Music has all the 40 series models in stock.
Thanks, Dave
Morgan OMM
Bart Reiter Tubaphone openback banjo
Scherl & Roth German Fiddle
Ramsey Fairbanks Electric Banjo
Eastman 503 Archtop

Quote from: Frasier1 on November 02, 2013, 08:21:59 PM
That may very well have happened around the time that he also had to return an LS-03 Peruvian Walnut/Italian that had a QC issue(s) as well???   :crying:

Just to put some light on the situation, let me tell what happened on my end. I received a total of six Larrivees since I started my Larrivee dealership:

P-03
P-03R/Italian
P-03W
LV-02
LS-03W
OM-40R

The parlors were great. I kept the P-03R/Italian for myself.

The LV-03 had fret issues and required warranty repair work requiring me to send it back to Larrivee for repair prior to selling it. Once they received it, it took Larrivee some time to contact me regarding the repair. They did finally repair it and it was a great guitar. The owner is very happy with it.

The LS-03W/Italian, a custom order, came in with a seriously flawed finish. There were grey dust in spots incorporated in the finish (I assume it was buffing compound) and there was a spot of burn-through. After speaking with Fraiser1, we decided the best course of action was to for me to refund him (as opposed to seeking a warranty repair or seeking a discount to compensate for the flaws). I returned the guitar to Larrivee. Frankly, that guitar should not have left the factory.

The OM-40R road trip guitar arrived with some bad fret work...moderate to severe buzzing on the D and G strings. Adjusting the neck relief made no difference. I decided to return the guitar to Larrivee and refunded the road trip payments to the participants.

I dunno...I went to the guys website....doesn't sell new guitars...only guitars on consignment.....and he currently has one guitar (a Tahoe....whatever the heck that is) in stock.

I chose to discontinue my dealership and I am focusing my business endeavors elsewhere.  I decided, after a series of discussions with the sales rep, that I did not have the resources necessary to meet customers' needs as a Larrivee Dealer.  This was a difficult decision for me, but in the end the only one to make. I feel there are other well-established Larrivee dealers out there who are in a better position to serve you. I know what I expect from a dealer as a guitar consumer ( I have privately bought/sold/traded many) and I was simply unwilling to compromise as a dealer.

I think Larrivees are very cool guitars. I love their unique design and tone. I very much appreciate Larrivee's commitment to all-solid wood instruments at reasonable prices.

I want to thank those of you who did business with JDS GS, who signed up for the road trip and/or who put in a special order with JDS GS. It was a pleasure working with with you. I hope all of you continue to love and play your Larrivees as I will mine.  
P-03R/IS

Spruce on top...

Things happen. Thanks for clearing things up and best of luck on your future endeavors.

P.S. don't be a stranger, your input is always welcome.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hope there wasn't to great disappointment for those on the list. What got my attention was the LS-03 peruvian walnut. My SD has this wood and it is outstanding.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Thank you Jim for posting your reply. I have inquired about guitars through your web site JDS Guitars in the past and you always gave  very prompt and honest information about acoustic guitars including the hand built guitars by Larry Nair. BTW I really love the Eastern Sierra. I used to live there.
Larrivee OM-40M Legacy
Larrivee OM-3R JCL
Larrivee P-01
Alverez AP66SB

Thank you for the well-wishes...much appreciated.   :smile:
P-03R/IS

Spruce on top...

Quote from: JDS Guitar on November 05, 2013, 07:43:34 AM
Thank you for the well-wishes...much appreciated.   :smile:
You seem like a very helpful person, sorry to loose you as a Larrivee dealer. I enjoyed your posts on forum as well.

Quote from: dependan on November 05, 2013, 09:58:48 AM
  You seem like a very helpful person, sorry to loose you as a Larrivee dealer. I enjoyed your posts on forum as well.
Jim is an honest broker. For lots of reasons, this didn't work out.
And when the time came, he issued refunds quickly, and in full.
He's a stand-up guy.  :beer

Quote from: Queequeg on November 05, 2013, 12:11:03 PM
Jim is an honest broker. For lots of reasons, this didn't work out.
And when the time came, he issued refunds quickly, and in full.
He's a stand-up guy.  :beer

Agree fully...Jim kept us apprised throughout and the refund was immediate. Best of luck in his endeavors!
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Prestige Eclipse